Results 1 to 19 of 19

Thread: A cover???????

  1. #1

    User Info Menu

    Default A cover???????

    1st) I know that all of the people on DC have been waiting for me to do a cover. Well, maybe not all, but quite a few. Well maybe not quite a few, but a few. Actually, 1 1/2 people have been waiting. The 1 1/2 is a guy and his dog.

    2) I wish I could say I was happy with it, but I'm not. I blew timing a couple of times when I couldn't hear the song.

    3) When I listen through my headphones, I couldn't hear the drums good, but when I listened through my speakers, I could hear them just fine.

    4) Tonight I'm going to try something different. Being I have 2 mixers, I'm going to run the song through 1 mixer and the drums through the other, then into the Zoom Q-8, which is how I did this cover. That should give me total control over the volume of the drums with the song.

    5) The reason I'm laughing is because I almost went to a left hand lead. As far as the drums went, I had 4-5 different ways that I would play "Go Your Own Way" depending on where we were playing.

    6) Criticize to your hearts content. Just remember that I've had a triple by-pass so go easy. On the other hand, I have a 2017 Mustang GT, so blast away.


  2. #2

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Been waiting for a cover, not a bad job. I could not hear the bass drum at all, and also felt a little bit of overplaying and there were some timing issues but those may just be the video to audio lag that I always get as well. I could really see all of your other video's in this cover. Love the fill from 4:21 to 4:29, man that was really cool and the timing was spot on. My only suggestion is try to lower your throne a little, you seem to be sitting very high, almost looks like your right leg is dang near standing but that may be the camera angle or you may just prefer that position. I need to get some balls and post a few myself. : )
    DW Collectors

    Sonor Essential Force Birch

    Zildjian K Cymbals

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

    https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

  3. #3

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Very nice cover. I was just playing this song earlier today! I grew up with Fleetwood Mac. I hope to see more covers in the future Rick.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

    -Mike

  4. #4

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Been waiting for a cover, not a bad job. I could not hear the bass drum at all, and also felt a little bit of overplaying and there were some timing issues but those may just be the video to audio lag that I always get as well. I could really see all of your other video's in this cover. Love the fill from 4:21 to 4:29, man that was really cool and the timing was spot on. My only suggestion is try to lower your throne a little, you seem to be sitting very high, almost looks like your right leg is dang near standing but that may be the camera angle or you may just prefer that position. I need to get some balls and post a few myself. : )
    I played that song several different ways depending where we were playing and the crowd we were playing to. I threw a lot of things in this 1 so I could get a idea of what volume to keep the drums at. Could you hear the drums OK?


    Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Very nice cover. I was just playing this song earlier today! I grew up with Fleetwood Mac. I hope to see more covers in the future Rick.
    Thanks Mike. Until I get the balance right, you're going to hear this cover a lot. I don't want to bother working on a different song until I get the sound where I want it.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 05-19-2017 at 05:50 PM. Reason: =====

  5. #5

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Not bad Rick... and what a killer song! Brought back many great memories.
    - Tom

    Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

    Click here for Clearance Items





    When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!



    For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

    Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

  6. #6

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Yes I could hear all the drums except the bass drum
    DW Collectors

    Sonor Essential Force Birch

    Zildjian K Cymbals

    Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

    http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

    https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

  7. #7

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Well it's about darn time.

    Very nice my friend! LOVED some of the fills - deeply locked into the guitar riff/strum pattern.

    I also couldn't hear the kick, but dang that was fun to watch. As MDK said, I too could hear your solos in this cover. Very cool!

    Great choice in music. I literally just walked in from my drum room where I was working on 'The Chain', on bass guitar.

    Keep 'em coming...

    Tex

  8. #8

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    I thought it was very good on the fly like that.
    I found this that I would have practiced a little first if I were to attempt it.

  9. #9

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Yes, I agree will eveyone that you did a great job and the drums sounded great man. I always like that X cross you do over the toms man and is something that I have seen a lot in your solos. Let's see some more vids.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

    5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

  10. #10

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Quote Originally Posted by Olimpass View Post
    I thought it was very good on the fly like that.
    I found this that I would have practiced a little first if I were to attempt it.
    Olimpass, unless a song had a "signature" drum beat, pattern, whatever, I seldom, if ever, played the drum part as it was on the record/CD.

    Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Yes, I agree will eveyone that you did a great job and the drums sounded great man. I always like that X cross you do over the toms man and is something that I have seen a lot in your solos. Let's see some more vids.
    Thanks Gilles! The crossovers in a solo are pure showing off. In a song, it allows me to change the "feel" of a fill without breaking the flow.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 05-25-2017 at 03:14 PM. Reason: =====

  11. #11

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Not bad Rick... and what a killer song! Brought back many great memories.
    not bad, NOT BAD. It could have been a lot worse.

    Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    Yes I could hear all the drums except the bass drum
    I have a mic for the BD. I'm going to work with it tonight.

    Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Well it's about darn time.

    Very nice my friend! LOVED some of the fills - deeply locked into the guitar riff/strum pattern.

    I also couldn't hear the kick, but dang that was fun to watch. As MDK said, I too could hear your solos in this cover. Very cool!

    Great choice in music. I literally just walked in from my drum room where I was working on 'The Chain', on bass guitar.

    Keep 'em coming...

    Tex
    Thanks Randy. I'm going to work with "Go Your Own Way" until I get the right balance between song and drums. Then onward to other songs.

  12. #12

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Still interested in your audio set up. You mentioned 2 mixers?

  13. #13

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Good Stuff Rick

  14. #14

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Quote Originally Posted by longgun View Post
    Good Stuff Rick
    Thanks Butch!

  15. #15

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    WTG, Rick. Thanks for posting!!
    Signature here

  16. #16

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Thanks Bish!

  17. #17

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Nice, I really enjoyed watching and listening to your playing Rick ...

  18. #18

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    Quote Originally Posted by dangermoney View Post
    Nice, I really enjoyed watching and listening to your playing Rick ...
    Thanks DM! I know that it was overplayed, but I'm trying to get a good balance between all the drums and how they blend with the music.

  19. #19

    User Info Menu

    Default Re: A cover???????

    What, is it some super duper secret or something?

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •