Thread: Travis Barker ... "offered friends $1 million to kill him."

User Info Menu

Default Travis Barker ... "offered friends $1 million to kill him."

Cool article (video interview) about the crash and what all he had to deal with. I know a lot of people bash this guy but can you imagine? This is when I'd rather have my health any day rather than fame and fortune.

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertain...icle-1.3174679
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Travis Barker ... "offered friends $1 million to kill him."

Wow . I have a tremendous amount of respect for anyone who can turn their life around like that .
    My younger brother Art did the same , tho he didn't suffer any accidents . I remember having to send home money so they could bail him out . Then one day he had reached bottom and decided he was ready to turn things around ... and he did . Amazingly all on his own ! No clinics or doctors ... just cold turkey and cutting himself off from all the people he had been hanging out with . Sadly two years after he had cleaned himself up and things were going very well for him he contracted meningitis and passed away .
    I wish Mr. Barker lots of luck . Very inspiring story .
    Thanks for posting this Drummer...

User Info Menu

My kid brother was in the same predicament in and out of jail with drug problems etc. Tried to help him out a few times with no success then he finally woke up, changed his attitude, friends and even move away and cleaned himself up. Now he is married with 2 kids and a good job. I am proud of him.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

User Info Menu

I say good for him turning his life around after a real tragic event. Replacing other habits with good habits is the key. Running, drumming, swimming, etc, this can increase the dopamine in the brain which is usually stimulated through drugs. I hope he sticks to it, very inspiring story.

User Info Menu

I've got a friend who has also turned his life around. He was bad into meth, fighting, in and out if jail, etc. He was sitting in jail when his 13 year old son visited him and said "You're a sorry excuse for a dad. F*** you!" He then turned around and walked out of visitation.

Those words woke my friend up. He now has 11+ years clean, speaks at various N.A. meetings, has gotten all of his children back, a new wife, and recently landed a job that no felon should ever have a chance at getting - all because his work ethic is well known in our area.

I tell him often how proud I am of him. He uses his off days to try to reach others and help to pick them back up.

He did it the same way - cold turkey, and by getting away from the crowd he was with. He literally moved two hours away to get away from everyone.
    Six piece birch Mapex kit, a Black Panther Blade snare drum, Sabian cymbals, and Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

I promise not to make anymore Travis Barker jokes for now on. . .

It is a sad thing to want it to go that far
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 5pc Gretsch Energy | 41 Snare drums and growing!