Thread: Mick Fleetwwod's Drum Part - Second Hand News

User Info Menu

Default Mick Fleetwwod's Drum Part - Second Hand News

I just got a brand new Sonos Soundbar to go along with a new TV, and I was listening to Fleetwood Mac today. For some reason, the drum part on the song 'Second Hand News' struck me like I'd never heard it before. Really cool sound, to me. The drums almost sound like they are 'chugging' for most of the tune, and then there are some really cool breaks that Fleetwood plays. Does anyone have a breakdown, where someone has annotated the drum part, or know of a video that someone has done as a cover that's as close to the record as possible? Listening to the tune, I simply have no clue how he played what he played to get that sound.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mick Fleetwwod's Drum Part - Second Hand News

Maybe this will be somewhat helpful?

Signature here

User Info Menu

Thanks, Bish. That 'chugging' sound I was referring to seems to come from Mick's heavy playing of the snare, which makes sense, at least gives me a clue as to where to try to start from.
    Now, just a tiny bit less than an absolute drum newbie
    DW Collectors Cherry kit, Ludwig Black Beauty Snare, DW SuperSolid Oak/Cherry Snare, DW Sabian Vault Edge Snare

User Info Menu

Also Mick uses nylon sticks which really affects his sound.