Thread: Promotional pages/websites

User Info Menu

Default Promotional pages/websites

Do any of you guys here have a website or maybe even just a dedicated social media page to use for promotional usage? I've thought of setting up a Facebook page to post videos, photos, etc of my playing. I'm wanting to begin giving lessons soon and have some young people lined up for this, and thought it may be a way to help promote not only myself as a drummer, but as an instructor as well. I'm wanting to do this, but nervous about it at the same time.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Promotional pages/websites

Good idea. Having a YouTube channel seems to be a very popular method of self promotion.

User Info Menu

If you want to get exposure, Facebook is a must, IMO. You'll get more local exposure, and get it fast. One people "like" your page or share it, it can really spread.
    We have a dedicated Facebook page for the band. All the local venues and events have a FB page and do pretty much all their advertising on FB. Some of our upcoming event posts can get over 2000 views within a day. It would be difficult to have a successful band without it. I even use it to scout for potential new venues to play. I follow the feeds of other bands to see where they play, then check out the FB page of the venue. I can usually tell if we would be a good fit for a place by their FB page.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 05-31-2017 at 08:18 AM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I think it's great for band/self promotion looks like the direction now. I check CL sometimes in the musicians wanted section and no matter what instrument you play or a singer they want a sample recording/ video. Sometimes people are looking for impromptu bands or a planned event and they want to hear something from you. Thinking about doing it myself.

User Info Menu

I spoke with my wife and after giving it some thought, I have created a Facebook page. There isn't much on it right now, but I have an HD Camcorder with a tripod and shotgun mic, so I'm going to try to put together a few things and get them posted.

https://www.facebook.com/LukeMathesonDrummer/
    Last edited by DrumWhipper; 05-31-2017 at 06:43 PM.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

YouTube and Facebook are the way to go in my opinion. Keep in mind that it may take a really long time to get exposure on YouTube unless you come up with something viral. There a ton of drummers on there posting all the time.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I spoke with my wife and after giving it some thought, I have created a Facebook page. There isn't much on it right now, but I have an HD Camcorder with a tripod and shotgun mic, so I'm going to try to put together a few things and get them posted.

https://www.facebook.com/LukeMathesonDrummer/

FB will show very little of your posts. You've got to push it, promote it, sell it, etc. As the others have said, it takes time and dedication. But yea, FB is the most convenient platform since everyone's connected. You could also make up some business cards with your new page on it to give out.

User Info Menu

FB is hit or miss. Use it too much and admin restricts your posts. Your reach is limited unless you have 10,000 friends or you pay to boost the posts.