I stumbled onto the iDrumTuner app yesterday. The full version has to be purchased via the App Store, but there's a free "lite" version available to try. All the "lite" version does is register the fundamental pitch of the drum in Hz and give you a read out with respect to notes. The full version will also register individual lug pitch as well as other functions.

That said, I found it to work VERY WELL. You still need to understand how to tune a drum, but as far as registering the free fundamental pitch, it's easy to use and accurate. The developer used special algorithms to filter out overtones. I thought I had my 10" & 13" toms tuned to a 5th, but it just didn't sound exactly right. I tested them using the App, and it said I was 1/2 step flat on the 13" and almost a whole step too high on the 10". I found it hard to believe my ears were that far off, but adjusted them using the App and target frequencies. Once I had them retuned, I tested them by ear....and sure enough, they sounded great. I'll be buying the full App....and it's dirt cheap.
Anyone with an iPhone should check it out. Here's a screen shot;
IMG_0992.jpg