Thread: Video of Spalted Birch kit

User Info Menu

Default Video of Spalted Birch kit

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8dxF...ature=youtu.be

Finally did a download of this kit in my drum room. Had them in the studio but I left the band and have not gotten a copy of the finished product. There are no drum close mics, just a Zoom Q4 camera over my left shoulder.

Again the kit was built from a freshly felled birch tree, wood sat outside in log form for over a year, then was milled and dried for 2 more years. 10X8 12X8 15X9 and 24X16
    Snare is my NOS Radio King shell custom build.
    click to see my kit re-veneer/finish
    http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...168#post379168

User Info Menu

Default Re: Video of Spalted Birch kit

Now THATS what Birch should sound like. Makes me want to go out and cut down the big Walnut tree in my back yard. The kick really sounds good...perfect with that head. Awesome job
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Great sounding kit!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Great looking and sounding drums man. Thanks for sharing.

User Info Menu

wow what a nice tone man!