Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: GT Almost Finished

User Info Menu

Default GT Almost Finished

Looking for a exhaust system, but I want that DEEP rumble, not that popping crap when you take off.

User Info Menu

Default Re: GT Almost Finished

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

The stock HP is 435 and 400 ft/lbs of torque. The Roush tune brought it up to 490HP and 445 ft/lbs of torque. With the line lock I can burn my tires down to slicks in about 3 minutes.If I just drop the hammer, I can leave 50' of rubber. When I hit 2nd, the car will go sideways about 1'-2' and leave about 15' or rubber. 0-60 clocked 4.7 seconds with a back up run at 4.6. That's it, it is more than fast enough.

I have no idea why there are 2 sets of pictures on the post.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 06-09-2017 at 12:28 PM. Reason: ====

User Info Menu

that's looking sick Rick!!

User Info Menu

I agree nice looking street machine man. Are the blonds looking at you when you drive by.

User Info Menu

Damn!

User Info Menu

That's alotta car.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    The stock HP is 435 and 400 ft/lbs of torque. The Roush tune brought it up to 490HP and 445 ft/lbs of torque. With the line lock I can burn my tires down to slicks in about 3 minutes.If I just drop the hammer, I can leave 50' of rubber. When I hit 2nd, the car will go sideways about 1'-2' and leave about 15' or rubber. 0-60 clocked 4.7 seconds with a back up run at 4.6. That's it, it is more than fast enough.

I have no idea why there are 2 sets of pictures on the post.
    Did you buy another Mustang? I was thinking yours was white
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by jgraham798 View Post
    Did you buy another Mustang? I was thinking yours was white
    I traded the white 1 in.

User Info Menu

I traded the white 1 in.
    Whew, I thought I was going crazy or something!

How do you like the GT? It looks great!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Nice looking Stang!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Since the '15-'17 have a huge factory resonator in the mid-pipe, the deep, vintage muscle car rumble is pretty much elusive. Almost everything will have a more "raspy" tone. The Flowmaster Thunder axle back would be about the closest you can do without breaking the bank. If your willing to drop the cash, then also swapping to an "H" style mid-pipe will get you much closer to the sound your looking for. The prices they get for these new "bolt-on" parts is ridiculous.
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 06-09-2017 at 07:29 PM.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Car looks good Rick, and good to hear your choice for sound. Yesterday 2 different Mustangs with that annoying crack pop exhaust went screaming by me.... they both caught me off guard and i wanted to ring both their necks.

I'm more into classic Pontiac or Chevy, something with dual exhaust with a pair of turbo mufflers sounds fine to me. I had a 76 Chevrolet 400ci like that. No headers just stock exhaust with the mufflers. Sounded great
    Last edited by slinky; 06-11-2017 at 02:59 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Since the '15-'17 have a huge factory resonator in the mid-pipe, the deep, vintage muscle car rumble is pretty much elusive. Almost everything will have a more "raspy" tone. The Flowmaster Thunder axle back would be about the closest you can do without breaking the bank. If your willing to drop the cash, then also swapping to an "H" style mid-pipe will get you much closer to the sound your looking for. The prices they get for these new "bolt-on" parts is ridiculous.
    Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    Car looks good Rick, and good to hear your choice for sound. Yesterday 2 different Mustangs with that annoying crack pop exhaust went screaming by me.... they both caught me off guard and i wanted to ring both their necks.

I'm more into classic Pontiac or Chevy, something with dual exhaust with a pair of turbo mufflers sounds fine to me. I had a 76 Chevrolet 400ci like that. No headers just stock exhaust with the mufflers. Sounded great
    Years back, and I mean like 35-40 years, Hush Thrush mufflers, after you had them on your car about 2-4 months (depending on how much driving you did) would get blown out a little bit and would give you a nice, mellow tone.

I don't know if they still make them, I'll have to look.

There is a Mustang down here that has that deep, rumble. It's not a S550, but I have to ask him what mufflers he has on his car.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 06-11-2017 at 03:39 PM. Reason: ====

User Info Menu

They still make the straight thru fiberglass packed mufflers. I think the Roush axle-back is that way. I have a Roush catted X-midpipe with a Pypes Violator cat-back system on my '04...which is basically a straight-thru flow, glass packed muffler. It has a nice, deep, smooth tone without the raspy crackle/pop. Best of all, it's pretty loud when you open it up, BUT, its quiet at cruise and idle and doesn't have any annoying drone.

You'll just have to research some videos on S550 systems and see what's available. Also, what tuning might be needed. The great thing about Mustangs is the aftermarket parts and tuning industry is huge. Expensive, but huge.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

"You'll just have to research some videos on S550 systems and see what's available. Also, what tuning might be needed. The great thing about Mustangs is the aftermarket parts and tuning industry is huge. Expensive, but huge."

I already have the Roush tune in it. Took it from 435HP and 400ft/lbs of torque to 490HP and 445ft/lbs of torque.

User Info Menu

I already have the Roush tune in it. Took it from 435HP and 400ft/lbs of torque to 490HP and 445ft/lbs of torque.
    That's a pretty sweet (and impressive) increase for a tune on a naturally aspirated motor!

I don't know much about the engine management system on anything '05 or newer, which is when Ford switched to the "Spanish moss" system. I assume the new system in your '17 is way more advanced....and possibly more sensitive to changes (?) I'd guess that simply changing the mufflers (or axle-back) exhaust would not effect emissions enough to require any tweaking to the tune. Changing out the mid-pipe may require adjustments to the tune...if not required, then certainly to take full advantage of it. I'm still stuck in the ECM technology from 15yrs ago, so I can only speculate. Regardless, the Roush guys will obviously know. You may even be able to do it yourself with their tune.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Gorgeous car Rick. Hope you can keep all the ladies at bay, while driving it...

User Info Menu

Rick, check out the Pypes "Pype Bomb" axle-back system. It's a muffler delete where the mufflers are replaced by 4" resonator tips. There's a video on AM Muscle you can listen to. I think it gives it a nice, deep tone.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Gorgeous car Rick. Hope you can keep all the ladies at bay, while driving it...
    Randy, I've had it for 10-12 days now, and so far, NO LADIES!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Rick, check out the Pypes "Pype Bomb" axle-back system. It's a muffler delete where the mufflers are replaced by 4" resonator tips. There's a video on AM Muscle you can listen to. I think it gives it a nice, deep tone.
    I'll check into it. Thanks Brian.

User Info Menu

Super good looking.

I wonder how it stops, now?
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Should be able to drive around and impress all the "hot girls" from the "hot girls" page.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Super good looking.

I wonder how it stops, now?
    I throw the anchor out..................................it stops.

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Should be able to drive around and impress all the "hot girls" from the "hot girls" page.
    The "Hot Girl" thing isn't working out that good, BUT, I did have 2 elderly ladies with walkers and TP stuck to their shoes wave at me.

User Info Menu

There you go Rick they would of love to go for a ride in your new Stang man. It would of brought back memories of when they were young touring around in their Model T's buckets lol