Thread: Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

User Info Menu

Default Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

Hey there everyone,

I'm new to drumming, and I picked up a Mapex qr set in Peac ock Swirl (used) with hardware and Zildjian zbt cymbals for 200 dollars. The person that I bought it from said that it used to be the floor model at guitar center. I can't seem to find too much info on the peac ock swirl color. Out of curiosity, Is it a fairly uncommon color?

Thanks for the input!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

Do you have any photos of this kit?
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

I had a set of those a few years ago, but had to sell them when I got laid off from my job :( Mine were 12, 13, 16, 22 with matching 14 x 5.5 snare. If I find another set I will buy them!
    12-07-2014007_zps97758193.jpg

User Info Menu

I have looked around and not much info on that finish.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

User Info Menu

They were made in the mid '90s. They also made a red/orange version of the swirl, and both were limited runs, so they are pretty rare. I couldn't find much information on them either, except that the shells were made from "select hardwoods" The shell hardware is top-notch---ball type tom mounts with L-rods, lug mounted brackets, wood bass drum hoops, and die-cast claws. Solid kit for gigging, and they look amazing under the lights!
    01-20-2015005_zpse968f91a.jpg

User Info Menu

that's the exact kit I have! I love it. I didn't know it was from the 90s! I thought it was mid 2000s, thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

man that's an eye tripping finish
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

The wrap is textured, so it looks different when you change viewing or lighting angles, and seems to dance under stage lights---reminds me of the old 3-D baseball cards from my childhood!