Thread: Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

User Info Menu

Default Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

Hey there everyone,

I'm new to drumming, and I picked up a Mapex qr set in Peac ock Swirl (used) with hardware and Zildjian zbt cymbals for 200 dollars. The person that I bought it from said that it used to be the floor model at guitar center. I can't seem to find too much info on the peac ock swirl color. Out of curiosity, Is it a fairly uncommon color?

Thanks for the input!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex qr Pea**** Swirl

Do you have any photos of this kit?

User Info Menu

I had a set of those a few years ago, but had to sell them when I got laid off from my job :( Mine were 12, 13, 16, 22 with matching 14 x 5.5 snare. If I find another set I will buy them!
    12-07-2014007_zps97758193.jpg

User Info Menu

I have looked around and not much info on that finish.

User Info Menu

They were made in the mid '90s. They also made a red/orange version of the swirl, and both were limited runs, so they are pretty rare. I couldn't find much information on them either, except that the shells were made from "select hardwoods" The shell hardware is top-notch---ball type tom mounts with L-rods, lug mounted brackets, wood bass drum hoops, and die-cast claws. Solid kit for gigging, and they look amazing under the lights!
    01-20-2015005_zpse968f91a.jpg

User Info Menu

that's the exact kit I have! I love it. I didn't know it was from the 90s! I thought it was mid 2000s, thanks for the info!

User Info Menu

man that's an eye tripping finish

User Info Menu

The wrap is textured, so it looks different when you change viewing or lighting angles, and seems to dance under stage lights---reminds me of the old 3-D baseball cards from my childhood!