Thread: New puppy . Guard dog in training ...

User Info Menu

Default New puppy . Guard dog in training ...

This morning I posted a REMO piccolo snare for sale on Craigslist . I got one offer . Would I trade for a German Shepherd dog . Well I get back to the guy immediately and he tells me to bring the drum over and come see the pooch . He was less than a mile away so off I go . Turned out to be this little guy . Two month old male . Full breed GSD . He was the last of a litter of six . So yea...I made the trade !
    I've been calling him Ringo but I also got a suggestion for Buddy . I'm going to do some training on him for a few months then turn him over to the "Canines for Vets" organization . We play for the annual Humane Society fundraiser and this year we also did the Military Ball . That's where I met the people from the organization . He will go to a vet with PTSD after further training .
    Trust me I can do this . I've fostered dogs before . I got my three pooches and that's enough . Plus I get to do something for a vet ..and that's what counts .

new guy.jpg

User Info Menu

Default Re: New puppy . Guard dog in training ...

Well. That's a pretty good trade! He's a cute little guy.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Nice looking pup and nice gesture to donate him to the vet organization.

He looks like a "Buddy" to me ...

User Info Menu

Good man!

User Info Menu

Outstanding!

User Info Menu

That's awesome! What a cute GSD.

However, the obvious name would be REMO....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

No, the name should be "Tom". Best dog name ever!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    That's awesome! What a cute GSD.

However, the obvious name would be REMO....
    OH ! I like that ...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    No, the name should be "Tom". Best dog name ever!
    Ha ! My cousin suggested "Steve" . And a friend in California ... "Diddly" since my other dog is named "BO" . LOL !

User Info Menu

What an awesome gesture! I like Remo for the name as well.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

I love GSD man they are very intelligent. A good deed that you are doing for the vets.

User Info Menu

Here, puppy!!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Cute puppy. Ludwig.

User Info Menu

He is so cute!!

I too would have named him Remo!

User Info Menu

Good stuff brother!

Gorgeous dog, going to make some vet extremely happy

User Info Menu

Thanks guys...
    I decided to go with Steve for his name . I don't know why.... but it feels right .
    At less than 3 months he's still a little uncoordinated . So house training is a little slow , but he's getting better . He follows me everywhere and at this age having him around people and having them handle him is important for his socialization with people . So I go up and down the block and the neighbors come out and fawn all over him . It's the fun part .
    They are looking for calm mild tempered dogs so these early months of training are important if he is to be accepted into the program .
    Here he is , both his ears are up , And when he runs he doesn't stumble so much . He's growing ..

sitting Steve.JPG

User Info Menu

Hey Jedi, any updates on Steve? How is the training going?
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal