I caught a mouse that had somehow got into my wastepaper basket. I put it in a box and being I was taking Frosty up to a rest area on I 77, I figured I would let it go up there. I take her up there a couple of times a week and let her walk around and, being people are always stopping there, she gets to meet a lot of dogs.

I have to admit that watching dogs sniff each other, I wonder what we would be like if we developed the sniff method of checking our friends (or a enemy) to see if we like them or not.

Anyway, on the way home I stopped in the pet store to get her a couple of things and I figured I'd ask someone if they had mouse traps. A young lady that works there asks me if she could help me find what I'm looking for. I told her that I have some field mice in my house (I figured if I caught 1, there were bound to be more).

She could have saved us both some time if she told me at the start that they don't carry mouse traps, but no, she asks me how do I know they are field mice. (If a field mouse gets in your house, it becomes a house mouse through some metamorphosis that we, as smart human beings, don't understand) So I told her that it had a backpack and binoculars, which was a clue, and once I saw the mountain bike, I pretty much had it nailed down as a field mouse. I now have this girl standing there with a totally confused look on her face. I actually had to tell her that I was kidding, which seemed to add to her confusion.

Can anyone tell me where these people come from and why I seem to run into a couple every year?