Thread: $20 steal of a deal...

User Info Menu

Default $20 steal of a deal...

So I snatched up all of this for a mere $20....

I got 7 toms and a Ludwig snare (forgot to take photo of)

The guy took all the bottom heads off for a classic horrible sound apparently lol
    But they were all included (just not the tension rods... boo)

Also a couple of misc stands, hardware and a hi-hat and BD pedal (not pictured) that match the kit.

Not sure what my plans will be... but for $20 bucks who would pass that up?!
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Default Re: $20 steal of a deal...

Wow. Just wow. You can have all kinds of fun with that and not care what the end result is. Congrats.

User Info Menu

What a score! Congrats!!!!

User Info Menu

Awesome! I would have snatched it up too. I can always find a use for that stuff...even if it's for making lamps, clocks, end tables, trash cans or a cat tree.
    Too bad the shells and hoops are 4 and 5 lug. Although........they would work fine for a jungle kit. 5 lugs is probably enough for a 16" bass drum. My home made kit has a 4-lug 8" tom and a 6-lug 16" bass. I keep them tuned loose and I've never had any issues with it staying in tune or breaking lug cases.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Man, that's awesome! One of those cymbal stands alone would've been over $20 in a music store.
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Wow. Maybe an e kit project?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    Wow. Maybe an e kit project?
    This was on the top of my list....

I'd like to do a nice wrap on it and look into doing the A->E conversion
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

what brand?
    Conrad

Drum set: CB700 8,10,12,13,14,15 and 16 concert tom 12,13,14 toms. 14X14 16X16 ft. 14X20 bds. 5 1/2 X14 wood snare Zildjian ride hats and crashes. Wuhan china. Looking for and 14X20 Bd mark series round lugs Metallic blue or two 14X22 bass drums.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by CB700 View Post
    what brand?
    Surf City HB drums

User Info Menu

Nice score, Zak.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yea that Yamaha cymbal stand is worth the $20 .
    There's a guy here in town that buys junk stuff like this off of Craigslist . He puts it all together and makes it look nice then he rents or sells it to the small "independent film makers" around here . There are a lot of small movies and band videos filmed around town here . Lots of money being thrown about . This guy is smart enough that he found a way to get some of it . He does pretty good too . Most of the stuff is used for props .
    He sold three kits to a guy who was making a music video where they were supposed to set the drums on fire . Turns out it was a lot harder to do than they thought ! Well...they didn't burn like he thought they would . So it took three times for him to be satisfied . LOL !

User Info Menu

So....what was the Ludwig snare???
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

pretty nice spaz, just the toms alone breaks down to $2.50 per drum
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    http://reddirtmountain.com/
    UFiP

User Info Menu

Here's the Ludwig snare... now I have two of them. I'll clean it up soon.

User Info Menu

User Info Menu

That's a Ludwig Rocker Steel Snare if I'm not mistaken
    A simple, elegant design is good engineering.

Axis | Ayotte | Evans | Gibraltar | Ludwig | Pro-Mark | Remo | Roc-N-Soc | SKB | Taye | Vic Firth | Whitney| Yamaha | Zildjian

User Info Menu

Oh yeah, the snare was the best score.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Congrats Zack great score for sure. I wish we could get deals like that up here in the North.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    Congrats Zack great score for sure. I wish we could get deals like that up here in the North.
    Just gotta find a girlfriend who broke up with her b/f and was tired of his crap in the apartment!

User Info Menu

Nice score! I love finding deals like this. Great project set.