Thread: Taking a small break

User Info Menu

Default Taking a small break

I'm taking a small break from practicing on my new kit. Have been working on a song called Fletcher's song from the whiplash sound track. Still need to buy some evans g2 heads coated for my two toms and snare. The song is only 1min.96sec. long so that is perfect for the talent show next year. While I am on vacation in August maybe I will stop by a recording studio and talk to them about me doing a drum cover to the song. Just to find out how it all will work and the cost for a dvd session. I just want it to come out good so I can send it in and see what happens. Maybe by doing a drum cover to music that might help me instead of doing a drum solo every year. By the way just to let everyone know the Ludwig breakbeat is a great kit with a awesome sounding bass drum. So impressed on how well the bass drum sounds for just being a 16x14 size bass drum. I think it will do very well in a recording studio. Any suggestions will help.

Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Taking a small break

I love and miss recording in the studio.
    I did studio session drumming in college.

Some drummers are awesome soloists and some drummers are not.
    Trying something new is a great idea

User Info Menu

You may also consider the Evans UV coated heads. Remo has a similar coated/etched version as well. I've heard the etched heads sound particularly good on small drums. either way, you can't go wrong with G2's either. If you think Breakbeats sound good now, wait until you put god heads on them!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I agree with N2Bluz

User Info Menu

I meant "good" heads....not "god" heads, LOL. My typing isn't very god. I mean good....
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I took a small break as well haven't done anything since 6/10. I started working on one of my snare drums, took it apart and waiting for parts that supposed to be here by Friday. Next month back to the grind got a gig in August.