Thread: Dang near pulled the trigger tonight

User Info Menu

Default Dang near pulled the trigger tonight

I had to run to get some sticks, and saw this beauty. I dang near pulled the trigger. It's a six piece with 10, 12, 14, and 16 inch toms and a 22 inch kick. I need a few more dollars, so I'm considering taking my current kit up and seeing what they may give me towards a trade.

20170626_195134.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Dang near pulled the trigger tonight

Rick the Outlaw calling.

It's nice to see that you have that photography stuff down pat. It's either that, or I have vertigo.

User Info Menu

I just got that same kit and love it. You should definitely go for it.
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

that's a nice set!

User Info Menu

Agree, nice kit love the sparkle finish and the price seems reasonable . Depends on how much they will give you for your existing kit. This could a good deal
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 06-27-2017 at 07:43 AM.

User Info Menu

That's a beauty. Love the sparkle and blue, too. Winner!
    Signature here

User Info Menu

I can dig it! Make it happen!!!

User Info Menu

Nice finish, is that an Armory?
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Yes it is going by what I can read on the for sale sticker.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    I dang near pulled the trigger. It's a six piece with 10, 12, 14, and 16 inch toms and a 22 inch kick. I need a few more dollars, so I'm considering taking my current kit up and seeing what they may give me towards a trade.
    GC will not give you a decent deal on the trade-in....................I sent you a PM.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Yeah GC only wanted to give me $150 for my kit. I know it isn't a top of the line kit by any means, but I know I could get more out of it selling on Craigslist or a Facebook swap shop.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

You must know by now that the rule of selling is usually 1/2 of what you paid for or less depending on condition of the drums and how bad someone wants it. Keep away from Music Stores cause they want to make some money on it.

User Info Menu

I don't know things are the same in the US as here in the UK, but over here the Mapex Armory (and Mars) range of drums seem to be sold for EXACTLY the same price at every outlet regardless of if they are 'on offer' or not. In the UK that particular shell pack retails for £750, as we seem to pay the same number of £ as you would $ for identical drums then that 'offer price' of $800 may not be particularly special. It may be worthwhile to have an online 'window shop' to see if that is a typical asking price for that particular shell pack, or if it really is a genuine mark down.

I must admit that photon blue sparkle colour scheme is definitely a looker and understand why you would be tempted to buy it. At the moment I've temporarily banned myself from online window shopping since I saw the Armory in the new Ultra Marine finish ... must resist...but its so pretty.....

User Info Menu

GC and the like usually look on ebay at the last few sold listings of your model kit and then will only give you 60% of that price so always better to sell outright. I don't blame them though thats business, no sense buying a used kit and holding it for months hoping to make $50
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO