Thread: Peter Criss Retiring

User Info Menu

Default Peter Criss Retiring

Kiss fans... Peter Criss, now 71, performed his last show on June 17th at the Cutting Room in New York. It wasn't with the original band as they had falling outs over various issues through the years but with a band playing some of Kiss' hits as well as some of his own material. Criss, one of the founding members, co-authored "Beth" one of their smash hit singles back in the 70's. He inspired thousands of young kids to take up drumming.

Do you think you'll still be playing when you're 71?

3346.jpg
    image credit: mediamass.net

960.jpg
    image credit: avclub.com
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Peter Criss Retiring

"Do you think you'll still be playing when you're 71? "

YES, and quite well.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    "Do you think you'll still be playing when you're 71? "

YES, and quite well.
    Love that reply! Me too!!!
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

Playing, probably so. It's the packing everything around that concerns me lol ...

User Info Menu

The 1st drummer I ever saw live, wow what a show. I hope I can still be fortunate enough to play at 71.
    DW Collectors

Sonor Essential Force Birch

Zildjian K Cymbals

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

User Info Menu

Happy retirement Peter spend time with family, enjoy the rest of your life and keep playing drums
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

User Info Menu

I absolutely intend to play when I'm 71...............hopefully with the same firm touch and the same enjoyment.

I never got into KISS at all.
    They were an up-and-coming band when I was playing "serious" music in the mid-and-late 70s...............Led Zepp, Clapton, Beck.
    The face paint and outfits -- spitting blood -- silly lyrics -- I didn't get it; but they were a big hit with the 8th graders.

I had a good friend invite me to go with him to a KISS concert.....................he had a date but they got into an argument and she was out.
    I remember the show was loud and energetic but I still didn't get it.
    I did, however, give a standing ovation to the pyrotechnics team.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Boy, am I out of the loop! I thought that he died a while back.

all the best...

User Info Menu

I was never a kiss fan. But gotta respect how long he's stuck with it! That's amazing
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

He was still playing? Who knew.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    He was still playing? Who knew.
    kind of what I was thinking too. iI doubt i will be playing at that age though.

like some kiss songs but they always felt too comic book. I liked Creatures Of The Night except for the sorry sounding mix .... I know he didn't play on that one though
    Last edited by slinky; 07-01-2017 at 01:26 PM.
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    http://reddirtmountain.com/
    UFiP