Thread: Evans emad heavyweight?

User Info Menu

Default Evans emad heavyweight?

I need a new kick head anyway and they're selling a head set with a heavyweight emad and a heavyweight snare batter at l&m for pretty cheap. Anyone have experience with the heavyweight heads?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Default Re: Evans emad heavyweight?

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    I need a new kick head anyway and they're selling a head set with a heavyweight emad and a heavyweight snare batter at l&m for pretty cheap. Anyone have experience with the heavyweight heads?
    Yes, snare only. I have 2, one on my PDP/DW Limited edition 18 ply, and one on my ocdp maple snare, and that's out of 13 snares. It's like anything else w/heads,it's just finding the right head for the right snare. Toms are a little easier. The one on my OCDP 13x7 snare sounds KILLER! by the way.

User Info Menu

I only use EMads and Gmads. I LOVE them!
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 Sparkle Orange | 9pc Ludwig Jr. wine red | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone | 4pc Sonor Martini | 39 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

Well they were out of the heavyweight so I picked up an EMAD2 instead. My first Evans head in a long time.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I had the Heavyweight on my 22 Yamaha kick....meh.

User Info Menu

HW kick didn't work well on my RC but its amazing on the Saturn and Orion