Thread: Low Volume Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Low Volume Cymbals

Hi Folks
    Anyone using the low volume cymbals like Gen 16 or Zildjian low volume ones just wondering how effective they are for practice purposes thanks

User Info Menu

Default Re: Low Volume Cymbals

I have L80's and they are very good. They are quiet, but have a natural feel. I use them with Aquarian Superpads.
    Jesse

1986 Tama Crestar - Lacquered Piano White
    2016 Roland TD-25K
    2015 Tama Starclassic B/B - Indigo Blue Sparkle

User Info Menu

+1 on the L80's. I currently practice on a 14/16/18 set in conjunction with a Gibraltar GBDP kick pad and a real feel pad and/or snare drum fitted with a Billy Blast mesh head on it. I am in the process of building out a low volume a-kit for practice and I find that the L80's work very well in this context offering a much smoother transition to real cymbals vs pads ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 07-02-2017 at 03:55 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kaosotis View Post
    I have L80's and they are very good. They are quiet, but have a natural feel. I use them with Aquarian Superpads.
    YES! This is the way to go for low volume practice. The feel of the L80 cymbals is close to real cymbals, the Super Pads are close to real heads. I used to use an AE kit for low volume practice but I Iike this set-up much better. It's a little pricey to put this set-up together but well worth the investment.

User Info Menu

I've used the gen16 cymbals for around three years now............no complaints.

User Info Menu

I have two sets of L80's on my practice Sonor. I love them.

User Info Menu

Thanks for your replies folks