Thread: Frampton Comes Alive '17

User Info Menu

Default Frampton Comes Alive '17

The city I live in is very serious about our July 4th celebration every year. Part of the day-long event line-up is bringing in an "Oldies" band to perform before the fireworks. It draws around 20,000. This year, it's Peter Frampton. The stage is close to my house so I sit in my back yard and hear the concert really well. Frampton is still an incredible musician, great showman and his singing is still spot on. And his band is freaking good. He's playing some more recent material from Fingerprints, a couple Humble Pie tunes but most of it is on the Comes Alive album. Just finished Do You Feel Like We Do - phenominal! About 20 minutes start to finish. His drummer is outrageously good. The man can play a guitar!

The Frampton Comes Alive album was huge in the summer of '76. If you were around when it came out, what were you doing?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Frampton Comes Alive '17

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    The city I live in is very serious about our July 4th celebration every year. Part of the day-long event line-up is bringing in an "Oldies" band to perform before the fireworks. It draws around 20,000. This year, it's Peter Frampton. The stage is close to my house so I sit in my back yard and hear the concert really well. Frampton is still an incredible musician, great showman and his singing is still spot on. And his band is freaking good. He's playing some more recent material from Fingerprints, a couple Humble Pie tunes but most of it is on the Comes Alive album. Just finished Do You Feel Like We Do - phenominal! About 20 minutes start to finish. His drummer is outrageously good. The man can play a guitar!

The Frampton Comes Alive album was huge in the summer of '76. If you were around when it came out, what were you doing?
    Wow, lucky you! Yea, Frampton rocks! Must be nice to get full access without leaving your house, lol. How cool is that? !
    - Tom

Save up to 70% OFF CLEARANCE ITEMS!
    From T-shirts to stickers to drum accessories, get the absolute lowest pricing on clearance merchandise from Drum Bum!.

Click here for Clearance Items

When you shop at Drum Bum or BuyGifts.com, you help with the costs of operating DrumChat.com. Please consider patronizing their fine stores. Whether you need unique music gifts for friends or just want a a little something for yourself, Drum Bum is the place!

For coupons and specials, join the Drum Bum mailing list.
    That will also allow you to be eligible to win a free drum T-shirt. Drum Bum gives away a free T-shirt every month!

Buy Gifts for Drummers. And don't miss the free Drum Lessons!

User Info Menu

I was at a Fleetwood Mac concert at MSG back in the mid to late '70's and, if my memory is right, Frampton got up on stage with them.

User Info Menu

I remember hearing comes alive 'feel like we do' on the radio one sunday morning after church in the car. had to of been 76 or 77. my brother asked if we could listen to it.. i thought it sounded pretty cool at 10 or 11 years old
    RED DIRT MOUNTAIN
    http://reddirtmountain.com/
    UFiP

User Info Menu

I've always like him.

User Info Menu

Saw him live in 76 at the old jfk stadium in phila, also yes and 38 special were on the bill awesome concert.

Jim
    Premier XPK Drums
    10, 12, 13, 14, 16 Suspended toms
    22 bass drum
    5 x 14 snare
    Premier Hardware
    Offset Double Pedal
    Sabian, Meniel cymbals
    Tama Metalworks 6.5 x 14" Black Nickel snare
    Ahead Drum Cases

User Info Menu

I was in the middle of military basic training in the summer of '76. It was the longest, hottest summer in the UK ever recorded (I think) and I seemed to spend most of it doubling around a parade ground with a rifle held over my head for transgressing some unwritten law known only unto Gunnery Instructors.

Frampton Comes Alive was one of the first Albums I bought with my own money - funny really as I had a 50/50 chance of listening to it if I just turned on the radio or opening a window - it seemed to get almost constant airplay in the UK during the summer of '76.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Wow, lucky you! Yea, Frampton rocks! Must be nice to get full access without leaving your house, lol. How cool is that? !
    I only get "full access" once a year when they set up the stage in the football stadium (which is a good thing), but I've seen and heard some good acts - John Fogerty a couple years ago, Joe Walsh, Chicago in the past few years.
    Last edited by G-man; 07-05-2017 at 12:06 PM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Learning it ...

Seriously, I had just got my drivers license in February so I imagine that I was driving around in one of my parents' vehicles showing off and trying to look cool haha ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 07-05-2017 at 06:01 PM.

User Info Menu

Peter has always been one of my favorites.
    Last edited by Pearl MCX Man; 07-06-2017 at 06:25 AM.
    Keep on drumming and have fun doing it.

5pc Pearl MCX Chestnut Fade 12x9, 13x10, 16x16, 18x22 14x6.5 matching snare
    Pearl Sensitone 14x5.5 steel alloy snare
    Vintage Slingerland " Festival" steel snare 14x5
    Zildjian A's (avendis) Vintage 70's era
    17 med thin crash, 14 new beat hhts and 21 sweet crash/ride
    Zildjian K 18 med thin crash
    Pearl 1000 series all double braced hadware: 2 cymbal stands , 1 boom stand, hhts stand, snare stand
    Pearl Eliminator single chain drive

User Info Menu

Gman, I have Lived/Worked in Dublin for the last 25 years. My band Funky Brewster plays all over CBus. Love to meet you sometime.

Michael

1964 Ludwig Downbeat Black Diamond Pearl (12,14,16,20)
    ALL of its Original Hardware

Ludwig 1959 LM470 Auditorium 3ply Mahogany 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 1964 LM400 Supraphonic 5 x 14 (x2)
    Ludwig 1978 LM405 Acrolite w/factory Imperial Lugs 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2010 LB417BT Black Beauty 6.5 x 14
    Ludwig 2011 LCEP074STB Epic "The Brick" 20ply Birch 7 x 14
    DW Performance 10ply Maple 6.5 x 14
    Crush HHS14X55C Hand Hammered Copper 5.5 x 14
    Gretsch S-5510-FMP Free-floating Maple 5.5 x 10

Zildjians
    10" K Zildjian & Cie Constantinople Splash
    12" A Custom Splash
    14" A Custom Fast Crash
    14" A 60's Vintage Hats
    14" A 70's New Beat Hats
    14" A Custom Mastersound Hats
    15" A 60's Vintage Crash
    16" A Custom Crash
    17" Armand Sound Lab Prototype Crash
    18" A 60's Vintage Ride
    19" A Medium Ride
    20" A Custom Ping Ride

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Rotarded View Post
    Gman, I have Lived/Worked in Dublin for the last 25 years. My band Funky Brewster plays all over CBus. Love to meet you sometime.

Michael
    I'll look you up and catch a show soon.