Thread: Vater drumsticks

User Info Menu

Default Vater drumsticks

I switched to Vater brand drumsticks a little over a year ago. This was the first pair I purchased (Vater Los Angeles 5A). I have practiced countless hours and played a years worth of gigs with this pair of sticks, and they finally began to give out this weekend when one of the tips busted. I do suppose I can turn it over and get a few more miles out of them!

20170709_220909.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Vater drumsticks

DW, I switched to those same sticks about 5-6 months ago and I'm still on the 1st pair.

User Info Menu

i played a pair of those at a show once. Your hand will break before they do.

or wrist
    Last edited by slinky; 07-10-2017 at 01:07 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I played Promark and Vic Firth before switching to Vater. Neither of those held up the way these do. I won't buy anything other than Vater now. I've given my other sticks away to other drummers or kids at my church who are up and coming, and filled my bag with Vater 5A and 7A sticks. I have one pair of Promark left in my bag, but I never touch them. I'll most likely find a kid to give them to as well.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I bought 2 bricks (12 pair per brick) of Vater sticks about 5 years ago. I still have a fresh pair in each of 3 stick bags. A pair at 3 (setup) kits and 2 sets that travel when I gig. I still haven't busted into the 2nd brick yet. They may outlive me.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

+1 about Vater quality and durability. I played the Los Angeles 5A [hickory and maple] and the H220 Josh Freese models exclusively for the last 13 years or so and they are fantastic sticks. I just recently switched back to Pro Mark when they came out with the Select Balance line. I find that the durability is on par with the Vaters and in my hands they seem to feel lighter and more balanced ... at least for now anyway ...
    Last edited by dangermoney; 07-10-2017 at 09:29 PM.

User Info Menu

The wood must be better where you guys are from but here in Los Angeles my Vater sticks lasted 4_5 months. I gave 2 pairs away to a friend of mine. Both were 5a Los Angeles. Possibility the sticks were old I bought them from a SA that was relocating and clearanced everything out.

User Info Menu

I bought a bunch of Vater maple sticks recently, all around the 7A size. I really like the Sweet rides. I've played VicFirth SD4 Combos for years but I really like that the Sweet Rides are about 1/8" longer.

User Info Menu

I see they make a 3A with a nylon barrel tip...................I'll have to check it out.
    I thought I had found my "go to" stick in the VF 3AN.
    I love them but, on average, I go through a pair each month.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Because of this thread I was fumbling in my stickbag the other day and found a pair of Vater 5a Power sticks. These sticks are pretty durable had them about year played them on Friday.