Thread: Sold my Gong

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sold my Gong

Glad to hear you got the Swann system.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I kept getting calls from a company that will give me a alarm setup if I let them place a sign on my front lawn. I finally told them to send 1 of their people to see if they could get into my house and if they don't leave on a stretcher I'll let them put a sign up.

She then asked me what do I do when I'm not home and somebody breaks in. I told her that I hope they don't bleed out on my carpet.

User Info Menu

I think the mental aftermath of knowing I took someone's life would be worse that having everything I own stolen. It would devastate me emotionally. Unless, in my mind, I knew it was "kill or be killed" or in defense of life for my family or someone else. Even then, it would still bother me. I thank God I've never been in that position and pray I never will.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I think the mental aftermath of knowing I took someone's life would be worse that having everything I own stolen. It would devastate me emotionally. Unless, in my mind, I knew it was "kill or be killed" or in defense of life for my family or someone else. Even then, it would still bother me. I thank God I've never been in that position and pray I never will.
    It's not really about having your stuff stolen. It's about the violation , it's knowing some scumbag entered your home and went through every inch of it, looked in every drawer, cabinet, scared the **** out of your pets. I'd have absolutely no problem dropping this scumbag, the world would be a better place with out him.

Update: The Detective called this week, said the guy neighbor saw looking suspicious walking back and forth on the road that day was most likely the look out. He watched the area while someone else was inside. Turns out he's staying in a house a couple streets up from me and has a record of break in's. The Cops are going to talk with him this week, why it's taking them so long I have no idea. If they get nothing out of him I'll have to move on to plan B.
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 09-28-2017 at 06:46 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    If a person breaks into your home and you shoot them, it's not the wrong person.
    I have security camera's installed now so every person, car, animal that passes by my house gets recorded. I have two cameras on my house out front, one covers the storm door, walk way and road, the other covers the driveway and road. Also have one in the mudroom aimed at the front entry door and one in the back hall aimed at the rear sliding door. 4 camera 1080p system with 1TB DVR made by Swann. Best buy has them for $230.00. I get e-mail alerts during the day when there is motion detected. I also have an app on my phone that allows me to view all 4 cameras in real time from anywhere in the country. Pretty great set up for the money.
    This is outstanding. We just bought the same system only with the 8 cameras for $300.00 from Best Buy.

I am going to get it all installed this weekend.

Did you have to buy any additional length cables for the cameras. I think I'm going to have to add a couple of 200' drops.

It appears to be a darn good system.

Thanks for the update and very sorry for what you lost. I like your choice of firearms, too.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Yes I only needed one extension. The picture quality is amazing.

User Info Menu

UPDATE: Haven't been here in a while figured I update the break in situation. My wife got a call from the detective a few weeks ago and they caught the guy. He confessed to hitting our house and 6 others in the area. I got my gaming consoles back , the PS4 and PS4 Pro were just as they were when stolen, the Xbox one has a broken HDMI out port so it's toast. They also recovered a locket that was taken from my wife's jewelry box has a lot of sentimental value so she was glad to get that back. Didn't get any of the real valuable jewelry back though.

Since we have been reimbursed by the insurance company I called them to let them know about the items we got back because they own them now. They told me to keep them. They said it's not worth the hassle to collect the consoles. I sold the two PS4 consoles and picked up the new Xbox one X to replace the broken Xbox that was recovered.

Hopefully the scumbag addict gets some real time for this, if not plan B has already been set in motion.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    UPDATE: Haven't been here in a while figured I update the break in situation. My wife got a call from the detective a few weeks ago and they caught the guy. He confessed to hitting our house and 6 others in the area. I got my gaming consoles back , the PS4 and PS4 Pro were just as they were when stolen, the Xbox one has a broken HDMI out port so it's toast. They also recovered a locket that was taken from my wife's jewelry box has a lot of sentimental value so she was glad to get that back. Didn't get any of the real valuable jewelry back though.

Since we have been reimbursed by the insurance company I called them to let them know about the items we got back because they own them now. They told me to keep them. They said it's not worth the hassle to collect the consoles. I sold the two PS4 consoles and picked up the new Xbox one X to replace the broken Xbox that was recovered.

Hopefully the scumbag addict gets some real time for this, if not plan B has already been set in motion.
    Wow! That's amazing that they caught the guy. What a relief!! That doesn't happen here in Cali...

User Info Menu

Update: 1/20/18 We got another call yesterday this time from the D.A. The guy has been convicted and sentenced to prison. The soonest he can get out is 19/11/21. 3.5 years from now. I feel good about it. The D.A. said they are also seeking restitution from him for the $1000.00 deductible we had from our insurance company, I doubt we will ever see that though.