Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sold my Gong

User Info Menu

Default Sold my Gong

I decided to sell my Gong - Zildjian 30" I rarely use it now that I don't play out any more so I figured I post it in the FB market and see what i could get. Listed it for $400.00 got an offer for $300.00 within minutes and took $350.00 for it. They sell for $530.00 now but back when I bought it new it was $360.00 so i took a $10.00 loss , lol.

I'm a gamer, I've played video games since the 70's and never stopped. I recently got a 4k TV so I've been wanting to up grade to a PS4 pro and that's what I got with the Gong money. I'm very please with the transaction. The PS4 Pro will get much more use than the gong did.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Sold my Gong

Quote Originally Posted by NPYYZ View Post
    The PS4 Pro will get much more use than the gong did.
    Not exactly sure how to feel about that statement.

User Info Menu

hahaha that's awesome!
    Congrats on the good quick deal!

User Info Menu

Lucky for you for selling your gong at a 10.00 lost cause most gear you lose at least 50% of its value. Keep on gaming.

User Info Menu

I had a Zildjian gong during the mid-70s...............I'd guess it was approximately 40 inches...............I saw it on the floor of a mom & pop music store in Dallas and the sales clerk told me he would make me a great deal if I "would just get that thing out of here".
    I also bought a monster 5-pound mallet that, with a light strike, would make that gong sound beautiful (not a wash sound -- just a nice full low-pitched voice).
    The sustain lasted for 30 seconds.

I was in a band called KAT DADDY at the time -- we were doing classic rock covers of songs that were not yet classic.
    We worked up GOOD TIME, BAD TIMES by Zepp and discovered that our lead singer could do Plant.
    So we worked up two more......................after a year or so of gigs, the Zepp thing became one of our trademarks and by then we had worked up 11 or 12 LZ songs and would play all of them in the third set.................people would come see us play just to hear that third set.

One of my favorite LZ songs ever is TEN YEARS GONE (from Physical Graffiti); in the middle of that song was the perfect opportunity for the light gong strike.........awesome effect !!!
    After a couple of years, I sold that gong because the practical use of it was almost non-existent.....................over-use would have been obnoxious.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

You can "Bang a Gong", but can you bang a PS4?

That is the question.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 07-18-2017 at 10:53 AM. Reason: ====

User Info Menu

local pick up i gather ? i know dumb question
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    local pick up i gather ? i know dumb question
    Yes

User Info Menu

UPDATE: My house was broken into yesterday and the PS4 Pro I bought with the Gong money was stolen. Along with my regular PS4, my Xbox one valued at $1200.00. $500.00 in change. $5000.00 in jewelry. $2000.00 in video games and Bluray concerts. A $600.00 Ipad, a $400.00 Ipod. an $1800.00 camera. Will need a new front door $1500.00 The police say it's most likely drug addicts looking fr stuff they can unload fast. They didn't take any drums, I have two guitars and a Bass all untouched. There's a motel up on the main street near my house, it's a haven for druggies. I'm going to do some investigating. If I find those responsible they will pay with blood.

User Info Menu

Wow sorry to hear this. I absolutely freaking hate thieves.

User Info Menu

Is your house so far out of the way that nobody saw this happening?

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Wow sorry to hear this. I absolutely freaking hate thieves.
    I'm with you on that 1 Randy. I'm getting my CCP in a couple of weeks.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    Is your house so far out of the way that nobody saw this happening?
    I'm on a street that has a railroad yard on the other side. I do have neighbors on each side and behind me but they didn't see anything. The door that was kicked in was inside a small mud room so they were out of sight when breaking in. My fear is now that they have seen all the home theater equipment and musical instruments they might try it again. However I'll be waiting. Just picked up a Mossberg 500 home defense tactical shotgun. I asked the cop , if someone breaks through my door and I fear for my life can I shoot, he said yes, so there you have it. I'm going to park my van a few blocks away next week so it will appear as if no one is home. Game on.

User Info Menu

holy crap that unbelievable!!!
    Straight up kicked open the door?!
    wow

So sorry to hear of this man!

User Info Menu

My fear is now that they have seen all the home theater equipment and musical instruments they might try it again. However I'll be waiting. Just picked up a Mossberg 500 home defense tactical shotgun. I asked the cop , if someone breaks through my door and I fear for my life can I shoot, he said yes, so there you have it. I'm going to park my van a few blocks away next week so it will appear as if no one is home. Game on.
    Game on -- for sure.....................fewer druggies = economic development and social enhancement.
    BTW -- I've got one of those Mossbergs...................its a cannon..................20 inch, pistol grip, 12 ga. mag-pump.

Many years ago, my apartment got emptied while I was playing a round of golf...................they did not touch my drums................nor did they find my 38 special.
    But all electronics, tapes, records...................even my blue jeans.

I found out the guys next door had moved out the same day -- I got their new address from the apartment manager, explaining to her I had something of theirs I needed to return.................I went to their new address one night with my 38 and beat on the front door until I was confident nobody was at home.
    I found that the rear sliding glass door was left unlocked and I went in and looked around.................my stuff was not there.
    Stupid move on my part, but I was feeling violated and mad.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I'm on a street that has a railroad yard on the other side. I do have neighbors on each side and behind me but they didn't see anything. The door that was kicked in was inside a small mud room so they were out of sight when breaking in. My fear is now that they have seen all the home theater equipment and musical instruments they might try it again. However I'll be waiting. Just picked up a Mossberg 500 home defense tactical shotgun. I asked the cop , if someone breaks through my door and I fear for my life can I shoot, he said yes, so there you have it. I'm going to park my van a few blocks away next week so it will appear as if no one is home. Game on.
    Not to be a devils advocate but think about what you are saying. You shoot someone, regardless of the law you will go to jail. You may not have to stay there but your troubles are just beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on your thoughts and actions. But when it's all said and done, your outcome may not be what you expect.

Where I live we have a castle doctrine stating we can defend ourselves, legally. We also have a new law that just passed protecting us from civil suit by a shooting victims family. Even so, I will still go to jail just out of principle and the legal fees will be very painful, even though I'm well within the laws of my state.

For a better understanding where you live, it would be advisable to take a gun course and understand your future responsibilities. Trust me, I'm a "target acquiring" enthusiast.

Just be sure you know all of your local laws before you do something you can't undo.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Bish View Post
    Not to be a devils advocate but think about what you are saying. You shoot someone, regardless of the law you will go to jail. You may not have to stay there but your troubles are just beginning.

Don't get me wrong, I'm with you on your thoughts and actions. But when it's all said and done, your outcome may not be what you expect.

Where I live we have a castle doctrine stating we can defend ourselves, legally. We also have a new law that just passed protecting us from civil suit by a shooting victims family. Even so, I will still go to jail just out of principle and the legal fees will be very painful, even though I'm well within the laws of my state.

For a better understanding where you live, it would be advisable to take a gun course and understand your future responsibilities. Trust me, I'm a "target acquiring" enthusiast.

Just be sure you know all of your local laws before you do something you can't undo.
    State of Maine:
    3. A person in possession or control of a dwelling place or a person who is licensed or privileged to be therein is justified in using deadly force upon another person:
    A. Under the circumstances enumerated in section 108; or [1975, c. 740, §26 (NEW).]
    B. When the person reasonably believes that deadly force is necessary to prevent or terminate the commission of a criminal trespass by such other person, who the person reasonably believes:
    (1) Has entered or is attempting to enter the dwelling place or has surreptitiously remained within the dwelling place without a license or privilege to do so; and
    (2) Is committing or is likely to commit some other crime within the dwelling place.

As Pat Benetar would say "Fire Away"
    Last edited by NPYYZ; 09-01-2017 at 04:31 PM.

User Info Menu

Wow! So sorry to hear of the break in. Thieves broke into my home 10 years ago. They stole my TV and my wife's jewelry box. Cops said they would be back within 90 days to case out my house again so I got a cameras and a 24/7 DVR. They came back about 4 months later but broke into my neighbor's house instead of hitting mine. I had signs posted out front and a "This property protected by Smith and Wesson" sign tacked on my door. No issues since the first break-in. I hope they catch them scum bags..

User Info Menu

sorry to hear about this. A dog that has a mean sounding bark is a great deterrent. I have one and she helps ease my mind alot as I am not in the greatest of hoods right now.

she sounds the alarm at the drop of a pin
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

NPYYZ, I hate to hear things like that, and I'm with Randy on my feelings about it.

Now, while I have no doubts about the individual courage of anybody on this forum, there is something that, when the conversation heads over to the " Yeah, let some SOB break into my house and I'll take care of him". There is a thought that always goes through my head, and that is "does this person REALLY know what he's going to do, or does he THINK he knows what he's going to do". If you have never looked down the wrong end of any weapon, and/or been shot at, you don't have a clue as to what you will do.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    Not exactly sure how to feel about that statement.
    Pretty sad to read.

User Info Menu

ps4 pro is pritty good

pitty you can't play pubg on it

User Info Menu

didn't see post update

sorry to hear

User Info Menu

Are you in jail yet, for shooting the wrong person? Live by yourself? Anyone else have a key to your place, that might come in, unannounced?

User Info Menu

If a person breaks into your home and you shoot them, it's not the wrong person.
    I have security camera's installed now so every person, car, animal that passes by my house gets recorded. I have two cameras on my house out front, one covers the storm door, walk way and road, the other covers the driveway and road. Also have one in the mudroom aimed at the front entry door and one in the back hall aimed at the rear sliding door. 4 camera 1080p system with 1TB DVR made by Swann. Best buy has them for $230.00. I get e-mail alerts during the day when there is motion detected. I also have an app on my phone that allows me to view all 4 cameras in real time from anywhere in the country. Pretty great set up for the money.