Thread: A Hard Day's Night

User Info Menu

Default A Hard Day's Night

The recent changes in my band were revealed on stage for the first time this last Saturday night (7/22).
    We were fortunate, once again, to play the best club in town and I was happy that the new configuration did not disappoint.

As you may recall......................about nine weeks ago the bass player informed us he was gone and the (female) lead vocalist was replaced as well.
    We had a song-list worked up totaling 60 or so songs and half of those had to be tossed due to the "chick" material no longer being needed.

We added six new tunes and our new guys learned the other 30 in the time period we had before the gig.............hats off to them for the hard work.
    So our set-list was exactly 36 tunes and we used every one................our requirement was 2 sets of 75 minutes each, and the 36 songs fit just right.

We have previously packed this place really well..............this time the first-song crowd was not SRO, but at least all the seats were full.
    But as the night wore on, the place got busier -- a good sign.
    The crowd clearly appreciated the music and the danceable songs all had dancers.
    The bar management liked the new line-up and praised the set-list.................at his request, I am calling soon to book more dates.

First test passed !

The most difficult part was the weather................we have been living with temps in the mid-90s every day, which is normal for July, but the dew point has been downright offensive/oppressive for weeks and Saturday night was no exception.
    I got home about 2AM and grabbed a cold drink and hit the shower...............SOCKS were soaking wet.
    You expect shirt and headband but OMG everything was soaked..................must have lost 4 pounds.................all this fun is hard on an old man.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: A Hard Day's Night

Nice one keep up the good work....shows all the hard graft has payed off

User Info Menu

That's fantastic news. It will only get better.
    I know the humidity issue well. It's been brutal here as well. Highs from 98 to 104 and around 50% to 80% humidity. Heat indexes in the 115 range at times. You know it's humid and the dew point is high when you get out of your car and your eye glasses fog over before you can shut the car door. The store front windows downtown are fogged over on the outside.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Humidity SUCKS!

Glad the gig went well!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Great recap.

Lots of summer left. Bring more socks. lol
    Signature here