Thread: RIP Glen Campbell

User Info Menu

Default RIP Glen Campbell

Even though well expected, it is a sad note to hear of the passing of Glen Campbell.

An amazing history in music..........the Wrecking Crew..........his own TV show...........and all of it topped off by the Jimmy Webb songs he sang so well.
    RIP Mr. Campbell, and hats off to a job well done.

Check out this flawless live performance:

http://<a href="https://www.youtube....bhuxkzjuQc</a>
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: RIP Glen Campbell

Yep. We lost one of the most underrated guitar players of all time.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

RIP Glen, you're legacy lives on in your music. .

User Info Menu

Yea, but that angelic voice! - RIP Glen Campbell

User Info Menu

Very true. The guy was a very gifted singer, songwriter and instrumentalist. He suffered his time with addictions, but made it like 60yrs in the music industry regardless. He was very close friends with Alice Cooper and was one of those few in the music industry that transcended genre. He was at home with Rock, country, Blues....he fit in with everyone.
    For those youngsters here that were unfamiliar with him, there's a reason that Eddy VanHalen wanted to take guitar lessons from Glen Campbell. This is worth watching in its entirety;

-Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Definitely one of my biggest musical inspirations from the time that I was a youngster, even before I started playing the drums, up until present day. A tremendous, humble talent who gave us so much during his short stay here on earth.

RIP Glen ... and thanks ...

User Info Menu

Aye sad loss fantastic singer and musician...RIP