Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Are Music Stores in Trouble? Retail Sales Flat for Musical Instruments

User Info Menu

Default Re: Are Music Stores in Trouble? Retail Sales Flat for Musical Instruments

Man to have a set sit there for 9 years! and u wonder why stores like these are going out of business. I have walked into stores like that and find that prices are always the same if not higher than amazon or other big name stores. If they want to survive they should out sell the big Named Stores, maybe not a big profit margin, but it can drive more sales and more profit in the long run?

User Info Menu

Default Re: Are Music Stores in Trouble? Retail Sales Flat for Musical Instruments

I will tell you it's sad but true... my music store has the same darn 7 drumsets still sitting in the store that have been there for 2 years if not longer. . . .

User Info Menu

What I'm wondering is this...How much is it B&M vs Online, or how much is it simply fewer people buying musical instruments anymore?

all the best...

User Info Menu

Probably some of each.

User Info Menu

I agree, probably a little of both. However, I also think that internet options like CL have greatly expanded the USED instruments market. Many of the used instruments 20+ years ago were still funneled through the local music store. The new generation of musicians can easily and conveniently sell their old gear. Which in turn makes it harder to sell new gear.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham