Thread: Great Drum Dad Moment

User Info Menu

Default Great Drum Dad Moment

So I was sitting here earlier today and my son comes up and grabs his iPad and heads to the living room. I asked what he is doing, and his response was , "I need to watch videos on Walk by Foo Fighters, I want to learn to play it." He watches 2 videos, finds a lesson on it and hits the kit. After 30 minutes he has the basics down pretty good. He comes back and says he is going to work on it more after dinner. This is really the first time he has branched out on his own and done stuff outside of our lessons. I think he is finally starting to get some confidence in his abilities and is starting to spread his wings. It was great to see (and hear).
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Great Drum Dad Moment

That's awesome!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Nice! There's nothing more satisfying than seeing your kids grow and learn and mature.

User Info Menu

Love drum dad moments, since my daughter could sit up she could pritty much play. its joyful and scary at the same time

User Info Menu

Nice one....encourage all the way and praise there efforts, everyone likes a pat on the back

User Info Menu

Woohoo for some Foo!
    Signature here