Thread: Death of a fellow employee at work.

User Info Menu

Default Death of a fellow employee at work.

Learned of the death of a fellow employee that died at work last week. Thought that we only have one life and we should enjoy it and do what makes us happy. So today I decided to do what I enjoy and makes me happy the most. That is playing drums and percussion instruments like my new Cajon . That is why I am going back to playing drums and trying to make some videos to put youtube to share my talent with others. I am also going to see if I can play with some musicians at the coffee and wine café near me. I have been learning to play my cajon from youtube and am enjoying it a lot.
    Keep drumming
    Gregg

User Info Menu

Default Re: Death of a fellow employee at work.

Yes!

lg6ZrVv8.jpg

Sorry to hear about your friend.

User Info Menu

Agreed. No only is music an escape for most musicians, but it can also provide an escape for those listening. That's a sacred gift.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

I had the same thing happen about a month ago. While I'm still in school, I have a part time job to pay for university. One of the manager's didn't show up and the police were called to his home. In his early 30's he had taken his life. I also lost a close family friend to the same cause, a close classmate, who didn't have the chance to graduate, a baseball coach, and a friend who lived down the street, all within the first half of this year.

You get yourself thinking about the little time you have left on this earth. It's hard to understand. You never know when your last moment will be. It really is depressing when people you know pass away. One day you laugh with them, the next day they're gone. It's a scary thought but it has to come at some time. So do the things you love and spend every day with the ones you love. Cheers.
    Last edited by FlyByNight; 08-26-2017 at 01:19 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

sorry to hear of your coworker.

I've used my drums as an escape all my life.
    Nothing better then on a bad day going down and just beating out my aggression.

User Info Menu

One of my favorite guitarist-friends used to say this....................

"Guitar is not what I do; it's a place I can go."
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

We had one of our young tellers pass away very suddenly, recently.

Just found out an ex-branch manager, (again another young vibrant life) has been stricken with the big C. Single mom, one young son.

Heartbreaking.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

"It's a scary thought but it has to come at some time."

I thought about it more when the PTSD hit me than I ever did in Nam. Even when the next 10 minutes was in doubt.

I'm probably closer to it than just about everybody on DC, so when the Grim Repo Man comes for me, I'll ask him if I have time for 1 more scotch and are we taking my car or his.

"Cowards die many times before their deaths; The valiant never taste of death but once."

Sorry to hear about your friend Gregg.

User Info Menu

Sorry to hear about your co-worker Gregg. Keep drumming!

User Info Menu

Thank you Guys.

User Info Menu

I'm sorry to hear about your coworker but I'm glad you were able to take a positive message from it. Tomorrow isn't guaranteed.