Thread: Can I have your autograph?

User Info Menu

Default Can I have your autograph?

DrumWhipper's thread got me thinking. How many of you have been asked for your autograph? When we released our CD, I got quite a few requests. Then after that we would get 2-3 requests at almost every gig. Usually to sign our CD or one of our shirts. At our CD release party, I had a drunk woman ask me to sign her boob (I refused btw).

As a side note...I hated every single signature I did. I actually felt bad for people that would ask me, but nonetheless, I'd still sign as did everyone else.

Tex

User Info Menu

Default Re: Can I have your autograph?

We played a gig that opened up a new club and they asked us to autograph a few items. That's the only time for me.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

When I was in my band that did get signed and we went on tour I did a lot of signatures.
    Some of the big shows when we played with main stream bands we even had booths and etc.
    I mastered my signature then lol

With the bar bands it's more rare but people do ask when they buy things like CD's and etc.
    I also would sell old drum heads and it was often asked for me to sign those.

User Info Menu

[QUOTE=I had a drunk woman ask me to sign her boob (I refused btw)Tex[/QUOTE]

I've signed a boob. And an arse cheek.

User Info Menu

In the early years we were asked a lot. Especially after rockin' the Stone Pony. I have signed shirts, bra straps, panties, (taken off in the ladies room, signed, and put back on in the ladies room), I really thought she was kidding, coasters, the few people that actually brought (or got) a piece of paper, because as anybody knows, it's difficult to sign a napkin. Magic Markers on arms, backs, and, yes, boobs. A young lady that wanted my 1st name on 1, and my last name on the other, and still had room for "War and Peace" and the "Bible".

Ah, the good old days. If that "healthy" young lady asked me today to sign them, I would have to get down on my knees and sign them right above her orthopedic socks.

I never did get asked to sign a butt, and, somehow, don't feel like I missed out on anything. With my luck, I would have gotten a 5'2", 240lb lady in size 6 stretch pants, knowing full well that if she passed gas and was butt end towards my drums, that life, as I knew it, would cease to exist.

User Info Menu

I've been asked a few times and I've always thought it's pretty weird, especially when an adult asks ( I'm 14 ). The worst time was when I was playing 2 sets and had a 30 minute break between them. There was an incredible Mexican restaurant near the venue and I wanted to get tacos but this one lady had like 5 kids and the entire family had bought posters. They all wanted me to sign them and answer their questions. I didn't have time for tacos.
    I don't put a face on God. So he would probably look like Jimi Hendrix.
    - Chad Smith
    Everyone's screwed up in their own special way.
    Joey Ramone

User Info Menu

No time for tacos??? That's black sin right there...

User Info Menu

^there's always time for Tacos... he's young... he'll learn

User Info Menu

Not sure what I would do if anyone ever asked me. I'd probably laugh (on the assumption they were messing with me). Thankfully, I don't anticipate ever having it happen.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    I've been asked a few times and I've always thought it's pretty weird, especially when an adult asks ( I'm 14 ).
    That's pretty cool for 14! You should be proud!

User Info Menu

cd's and a stick once. Autographed a few girls without pen though
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Signed a stick a couple of times.

User Info Menu

I was once mistaken for a certain sort-of-famous muso and played along by giving an autograph.

User Info Menu

I really have nothing to add to this thread other than it is cracking me up! As some of you might know I'm pretty much a beginner so maybe I will ask my girlfriend to come to my first gig and pretend she doesn't knows me and ask me to sign her boob. But then I'll sign it with my phone number hahaha

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy2015 View Post
    II will ask my girlfriend to come to my first gig and pretend she doesn't knows me and ask me to sign her boob. But then I'll sign it with my phone number hahaha
    Pics or it didn't happen...Just say'n!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummerboy2015 View Post
    I really have nothing to add to this thread other than it is cracking me up! As some of you might know I'm pretty much a beginner so maybe I will ask my girlfriend to come to my first gig and pretend she doesn't knows me and ask me to sign her boob. But then I'll sign it with my phone number hahaha
    Here's what you do...have her come out and pretend she doesn't know you - then have her bring you a beer/drink while you're on stage. Make sure she clearly states "this is for the drummer". This will drive your vocalist and lead guitarist crazy.

Trust me...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Texdrumr View Post
    Here's what you do...have her come out and pretend she doesn't know you - then have her bring you a beer/drink while you're on stage. Make sure she clearly states "this is for the drummer". This will drive your vocalist and lead guitarist crazy.

Trust me...
    Ha ha!!!! I'm so going to do this!

User Info Menu

Trust me...
    We played a gig about this time last year where a lady had one or ten too many drinks. She started asking for photos with us during one of our breaks, and we obliged. When we started our next set, she began dancing close to the stage. Next thing we know she is attempting to get on the stage and attempting to twerk our bass player while he is playing. Meanwhile, all of our wives were there, so it got interesting real quick. I never knew my wife could physically remove someone from a building until that night lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Earlier this summer at a private party; we had a young blonde and very inebriated gal in a dress that was coming up on stage and touching us, then started dancing in front of the stage, lifting her dress and giving us a show of her own. I won't go into details....but suffice it to say that there was more to 'her' anatomy than met the eye.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Earlier this summer at a private party; we had a young blonde and very inebriated gal in a dress that was coming up on stage and touching us, then started dancing in front of the stage, lifting her dress and giving us a show of her own. I won't go into details....but suffice it to say that there was more to 'her' anatomy than met the eye.
    Was her name Caitlyn?

User Info Menu

Was her name Caitlyn?
    Nope. Dave. At least before she changed it. Unfortunately, the name was all that was changed.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

She actually wrote her name and phone number on a paper plate (completely illegible) and gave it to one of our guitar players. He threw it away....but I dug it out of the trash and saved it! (because that's what band friends do).
    He's one of those young & physically fit guys that women constantly hit on at every gig....and the rest of us old & fat guys tease him about it constantly.
    -Brian