Thread: Coolest thing happened today...

User Info Menu

Default Coolest thing happened today...

So a few months back my son decided to write his favorite drummer, Nicko McBrain from Iron Maiden a letter. Just the basics, how much he liked his music, any tips/advise for practicing, etc. Well in the mail today he gets a hand written response back from Nicko with some tips and encouragement, and signed by the man himself! My son is over the moon about this. I found an 8x10 of Nicko on Amazon that I ordered, and we are going to frame the picture and letter in a custom frame and hang it up in his room (next to an Iron Maiden poster) for motivation.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Default Re: Coolest thing happened today...

That's freaking awesome. Nick although I've never met him seems like he is really down the earth from videos.

User Info Menu

That is so cool. Out of curiosity, how did you get his mailing address?
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

That is awesome, there's some videos on YouTube where he is playing at his restaurants in the Florida area. Looks like maiden tribute bands but Nicko fills in on drums and plays classic maiden songs. He's relaxed and enjoying himself with the crowd looks like a really nice guy.

User Info Menu

His restaurant is a few miles from me I haven't seen him there but my friend has and he says he is a cool down to earth guy. Im going to have to go by there more often maybe I can meet him.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by FlyByNight View Post
    That is so cool. Out of curiosity, how did you get his mailing address?
    I knew he lived in Florida and where his restaurant is, so I did a search of newspaper articles and found his address (unfortunately it was from a police call to the house due to his son). Went to google earth view and put in the address, showed a huuuuuge estate, so I figured it was the correct address.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Great

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vlopez1130 View Post
    His restaurant is a few miles from me I haven't seen him there but my friend has and he says he is a cool down to earth guy. Im going to have to go by there more often maybe I can meet him.
    How is the food at his place? I have family in FL and if I go to visit them I was thinking of swinging by and trying it out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by OldeEnglishD View Post
    I knew he lived in Florida and where his restaurant is, so I did a search of newspaper articles and found his address (unfortunately it was from a police call to the house due to his son). Went to google earth view and put in the address, showed a huuuuuge estate, so I figured it was the correct address.
    Wow. You're good. Remind me to never borrow money from you!
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

That's too cool! Nicko seems like a very down to earth guy!