Thread: Fun gig tonight

User Info Menu

Default Fun gig tonight

So last night around midnight I got a call from the leader of the blues band I played with last fall and winter. They had a last minute gig and needed a drummer. That gig was tonight.

I agreed to do it.

We never played the place we played tonight but we did a 2 1/2 hour set for about 50-60 people. They were a fantastic crowd. They danced, the applauded, and helped us to have a great time.

By the end if it, we got invited back and the owner of the place said she would challenge anyone to find a blues band as good as us from our area. (That made us feel good.)

After that was done, the leader approached me and said we need to start practicing as a band because the drummer they have been using isnt making it to gigs and they are highly considering bringing me on board full time.

All in all, it was a good night!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Fun gig tonight

I love gigs like that. The fact that they're considering replacing their regular drummer says a lot about the impression you made.
    Awesome!

User Info Menu

Nice one love the Blues

User Info Menu

Funny how things happen. Unexpected event leads to being in a band. Very cool. Good luck and have fun.

User Info Menu

That's awesome. Congrats on a great night and possible new band!

Tex

User Info Menu

Congrats! Sounds like you made quite the impression!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

They have a gig Friday night that the current drummer is supposed to do, but they told me that theyre about to book several more gigs and they will be contacting me for them.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Nice job, sounds like you nailed the gig!

User Info Menu

Way to go, Whip !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

It's funny how things work out. This past January I was called up for a rockabilly trio. The guitarist was hospitalized for spine complications. The project was shelved so I filled in for a R&B band. The drummer has a weird work schedule so I played the gig. The guitar player from the R&B quit and now we formed our own band with 2 additional players it's been fun.
    Hope things work out and have fun!!!