Thread: Landed the opening act gig

User Info Menu

Default Landed the opening act gig

I finally got the confirmation last week. My band will be opening for Wayne "The Train" Hancock on his tour stop in Lincoln on September 29th. It took a long time to confirm. Apparently, his booking agent took some persuading to approve us, LOL. We'll be doing a 1hr set, and Charlie Burton (a local legend) will be performing a 1hr set as well.
    If you're into 50's Rockabilly and Juke Joint Country type music, you probably know who Wayne Hancock is. If you're not into that style, then you've probably never heard of him before. I think our band will be a good fit, and the people willing to pay the $20 cover charge to hear him will most likely appreciate my band's style. The best part is, we get in for free, play for an hour, then be able to enjoy the rest of the show. Hopefully he's an approachable guy and will hang out in the bar and not just hide out in his tour bus. Heck, maybe I'll be able to get his autograph.

Here's a video of him from a couple years ago when he released his first album (I think). Looks like this is from Austin City Limits;
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Default Re: Landed the opening act gig

Here's another more recent video of him in a small Honky-Tonk bar.

My father's favorite singer was Hank Williams Sr., and that's all heard growing up. I'm really looking forward to reliving the memories of his style of music. To be able to be a part of the show makes it even more special.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Thats awesome! I know you guys will kill it!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Very. Very. Very cool. Congrats. Have fun and enjoy the moment.