Thread: Zildjian New Beat 13" Hats

User Info Menu

Default Zildjian New Beat 13" Hats

Just got a pair of used 13" New Beats off Ebay for a steal(I think). They were pretty dirty when they arrived, especially the top cymbal, but some lemon juice and Barkeeper's Friend and they're looking good. Sound great too. I've had my 14" New Beats for 35 years and always loved the sound. A while back I was looking for another pair and wanted something different(but still Zildjian, of course), and I got a pair of 14" A Customs. I like the sound of those as well, but the New Beats were still my favorite. I decided I needed a 3rd pair of hats so I could keep one on the kit at the practice site, one on the kit set up at my house and one packed for gigs. I also wanted a different size, either 13" or 15". When I saw these on auction, I had to bid. I really lucked out with these, they're in great shape!

Acoustic Kits:
    Ludwig Maple 3ply White Cortex 4 pc
    Rukus Mod Orange Club 4 pc
    DW Design 6 pc
    Tama Silverstar Limited Edition Mirage 5 pc
    Tama Superstar 5 pc
    Tama Rockstar 4 pc
    Gretsch Catalina Ash 4 pc

Slingerland 7 pc

Electronic Kits:
    Yamaha DTX532k
    Roland TD-27, Roland PD-85 (x4), PD-125, KD9, CY-8 (x2) VH-10, Lemon 15 and 18 cymbals
    Roland SPD-SX Sample Pad

Snares:
    Tama SLP Black Brass
    Tama SLP G Maple
    Rukus Santos/Bubinga/Poplar/Wenge
    Rukus Avodire/Maple/Mahogany
    1972 Ludwig Supraphonic

Hardware:
    Tama, DW, Yamaha and Sonor

Cymbals:
    Zildjian A Series, A Custom and K Custom

Microphones:
    Miktek, Audix and Shure

User Info Menu

Default Re: Zildjian New Beat 13" Hats

I just swapped out my 15" Zildjian A thin jazz hats for a pair of vintage 14" New Beats, (my first set I bought in the '80s) and wow, how I've missed hearing them. Congrats on the ebay steal!