Thread: Austin City Limits

User Info Menu

Default Austin City Limits

They inducted Stevie Ray Vaughan into the Austin City Limits Hall of Fame on tonights episode. His band is there with Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Buddy Guy, Robert Randolph, Doyle Bramhall II, and others playing his music. Chris "Whipper" Layton is tearing the drums up!
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Austin City Limits

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    They inducted Stevie Ray Vaughan into the Austin City Limits Hall of Fame on tonights episode. His band is there with Kenny Wayne Shepherd, Buddy Guy, Robert Randolph, Doyle Bramhall II, and others playing his music. Chris "Whipper" Layton is tearing the drums up!
    Good stuff

User Info Menu

Shortly after the death of SRV, Layton described a dream he had where they were both playing together again. The dude had tears in his eyes as he was describing that dream. I believe it was the SVR Tribute Austin City Limits aired after Vaughn's passing.

User Info Menu

I love Austin City Limits. One of my favorites. I like the fact that you can hear non-mainstream musicians and bands. I'm really excited that my band will be opening up for someone who has been on their show.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Shortly after the death of SRV, Layton described a dream he had where they were both playing together again. The dude had tears in his eyes as he was describing that dream. I believe it was the SVR Tribute Austin City Limits aired after Vaughn's passing.
    Chris has also mentioned something Stevie told him before the final show, but he refuses to go into details. The way he describes it makes it seem that Stevie knew his time was coming, but he just doesn't want to talk about it. Can't say that I blame him. As fans we would like to know, but some things are better left between friends.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals