Got it mounted yesterday and used it for last nights gig.
IMG_0197.JPG
Since it an 18" BD, I had to mount it down on the very outside curve of the shell in order to have clearance between the edge of my 20" ride and 10" mounted tom. Pretty much the same place as this guy did (not a pic of my kit);
IMG_0198.JPG

Over-all, it's a very solid piece that performs well. The arm does sway slightly from side to side, but not enough to be an issue. It would be more stable if mounted on a 20", 22" or larger BD....that way you could mount it higher up on the shell and the arm wouldn't need to be fully extended up for cymbal clearance over the tom mount post. Also, it's more stable with a lighter 18" ride or a small crash/splash.

Bottom line, it's a stretch for use on an 18" bass with a heavy 20" ride, BUT, it's not a problem. It works well and outside of a little sway, it's more than stable enough. It really doesn't move much at all when playing a normal ride. If it was a heavy Rock Ride or crash, it may be noticeable, but still not enough to be a real issue. The weight savings in my hardware bag by eliminating another cymbal stand is awesome.