Thread: 16 Years

User Info Menu

Default 16 Years

th.jpg

16 years ago right about this time, I was with a friend and his wife at Liberty State Park. She wanted to get some early morning pic's of the New York skyline. If you look about dead center of this pic, that's where we were.

Little did we know what was coming in the next few minutes.

ASK ME IF I'M STILL PI$$ED.

User Info Menu

Default Re: 16 Years

you were physically there?!
    Wow Rick!

User Info Menu

Wow!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    you were physically there?!
    Wow Rick!
    In the early '70's, we would stop and watch them going up. Never thought I would see them come down.

User Info Menu

2001 was a great year for me. Had a good job, just got married, and moved into a new house. That Tuesday morning 9/11/01 changed everything. I loaded up and left the yard to go to one of our smaller hubs. It's about 6:30 - 7:00 our time and I turned the radio on. The DJ is talking about what just happened the first plane hits the tower. The radio station I was listening to is known for doing morning jokes and skits. I thought it was a joke, at first they were making light of it. I turned to other stations and all the radio stations were covering what happened no music at all. So I decided to go to my mom's house to see what was going on. I walked in my mom's bedroom and watched the TV the first tower was on fire. About 2 minutes later the second plane hits the second tower on live television. We were shocked! Unbelievable! Then the reports started coming in about the Pentagon and the plane crash in the field. The cake topper was when the twin towers crumbled to the ground. My mom and I was crying all those people died. It was really touching, my dad was a firefighter and I looked up to him. He put his life on the line everyday and came home. Some of those firefighters, policemen, first responders didn't come home. It's true we will never forget.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    2001 was a great year for me. Had a good job, just got married, and moved into a new house. That Tuesday morning 9/11/01 changed everything. I loaded up and left the yard to go to one of our smaller hubs. It's about 6:30 - 7:00 our time and I turned the radio on. The DJ is talking about what just happened the first plane hits the tower. The radio station I was listening to is known for doing morning jokes and skits. I thought it was a joke, at first they were making light of it. I turned to other stations and all the radio stations were covering what happened no music at all. So I decided to go to my mom's house to see what was going on. I walked in my mom's bedroom and watched the TV the first tower was on fire. About 2 minutes later the second plane hits the second tower on live television. We were shocked! Unbelievable! Then the reports started coming in about the Pentagon and the plane crash in the field. The cake topper was when the twin towers crumbled to the ground. My mom and I was crying all those people died. It was really touching, my dad was a firefighter and I looked up to him. He put his life on the line everyday and came home. Some of those firefighters, policemen, first responders didn't come home. It's true we will never forget.
    You could hear the sound, that I can't describe, when the 2nd plane hit the tower and when they came down.

I had been in the towers numerous times over the years. Mainly Windows on the World for lunch with friends that worked at various times in the towers. On 9/11, I had 2 friends that worked in the towers. 1 was in maintenance and he got out safely, the other worked for a investment company. They were told to stay in the office and he and 1 other guy said the hell with that and got out. Everyone that stayed in the office was killed when the tower came down and he has never been the same since.