Thread: Too much.

User Info Menu

Default Too much.

So I notice that when I play my rock has too much blues, and my blues has too much rock. I guess that's the way I like it!

Maybe I should move to Texas lol

Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Too much.

That's pretty funny! Kinda reminds me of the Donny and Marie Osmond's "Little Bit Country..."

I'm a little bit country
    And I'm a little bit rock 'n roll
    I'm a little bit of Memphis and Nashville
    With a Little bit of Motown in my soul...

User Info Menu

Been there. It works out. You just choose a path. I did.

User Info Menu

No doubt. I enjoy playing the styles I play. Its a lot of fun, for sure.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I can understand too much Rock in your Blues, but it's almost impossible to have too much Blues in your Rock. That's like saying there's too much peanut in you peanut butter, LOL.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

" I gave her 7 children, now she wants to give them back"

A line from, as far as I know,a blues song, that I never forgot from over 40 years ago.

I think that Brian nailed it.

User Info Menu

You should rock away those blues.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    " I gave her 7 children, now she wants to give them bacm"
    "If my baby don't love me no more, I know her sister will"

User Info Menu

Country songs have better lyrics and are more fun to write......................here is my latest title:

I'll Never Get Over You While You're Under Him
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    So I notice that when I play my rock has too much blues, and my blues has too much rock. I guess that's the way I like it!

Maybe I should move to Texas lol
    I'd wait a while before you do that move, just sayin'.
    SONOR 6 pc Special Edition 3007's red maple, old Pearl Brass 14x6 FF snare, Yamaha Tour Custom maple 8 pc., Tama 4 pc., honey amber B/B, Ludwig Supralite chrome 14x6.5 steel snare, Paiste, Saluda & Zildjian
    Loaned out Slingerland upgraded 4 pc 1963 black, wrapped maple + 14" Pearl birch FT
    The Almighty Speed King pedal, Speed Cobra, Sonor Single

http://www.screaminmelinas.com
    http://www.facebook.com/DerailedRockers/

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    Country songs have better lyrics and are more fun to write......................here is my latest title:

If you play a country song backwards the guy gets his truck, dog, wife, and house back!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinglander View Post
    I'd wait a while before you do that move, just sayin'.
    Texas is awesome. Spent time at Ft Hood while I was in the Army.

User Info Menu

If your nose runs and your feet smell, you are built upside down. That might contribute to the problem.

User Info Menu

lately everything for me has gotten kind of "funky"

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post

The fun thing about performing 12-bar Blues is that you can make up the lyrics as you go!

I agree about Country...with the exception of SOME of the newer stuff. Two of my all-time favorite song writers are Billy Joe Shaver and John Prine. One of my favorites from John Prine;

"Molly went down to Arkansas, she got raped by Dugan's dog. She was doin' good 'til she went in the woods and got pinned up against a log.
    Pretty good, not bad, can't complain. Actually all them dogs is about the same."
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham