Thread: Mapex Black Panther Snare

User Info Menu

Default Mapex Black Panther Snare

How many of you guys are playing them and/or own them? I have been eyeing one for a while now, and am thinking about pulling the trigger and adding one to my kit.
    Six piece Mapex Horizon kit. Sabian B8X cymbals. Vater Drumsticks.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Mapex Black Panther Snare

I have the Black Panther hammered series or whatever... It's a serious BEAST!!!
    I had to stop using it though as I added the DW rack arm snare basket and that snare is so heavy I was scared of breaking the arm.
    Now I play it on another kit. But it's a great snare.
    19pc Yamaha Maple Custom Vintage | 12pc PDP X7 | 9pc Ludwig Jr. | 8pc Pork Pie ZebraWood | 6pc Sonor | 5pc Orbitone |4pc Sonor Martini | 5pc Gretsch Energy | 41 Snare drums and growing!

User Info Menu

I found this used 6.5x14" Mapex Black Panther Bird's eye maple snare at my local family owned music store for $270. It's sounds great. 100% all maple and it came with a S-Hoop on the batter side. I think the previous owner swapped out the stock hoop. If you have your eye on one...snag it!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I have the Black Panther hammered series or whatever... It's a serious BEAST!!!
    I had to stop using it though as I added the DW rack arm snare basket and that snare is so heavy I was scared of breaking the arm.
    Now I play it on another kit. But it's a great snare.
    is it the Sledgehammer?
    Mapex Saturn V Blue Red Hybrid Sparkle 4 pc
    Tama SLP G Maple Snare
    Tama SLP Sonic Steel Snare
    Pearl Demon Drive double pedal
    various Paiste and Sabian cymbals

User Info Menu

I have two. Which one are you asking about? Anything Mapex Black Panther gets my nod of approval.
    Signature here

User Info Menu

i have two

silver sparkle thick maple and a nomad , as long as its a chinese made one and not taiwan it should work

User Info Menu

Sledgehammer & Cherry Bomb. Great snares. Can't go wrong with Mapex.

User Info Menu

Given the quality of the 3 Mapex kits I've owned over the years, I'd have no qualms about picking up a black panther snare.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I guess I should have updated this post yesterday instead of making a post in another section of the forum, but I picked this one up for $180 yesterday. It's the Black Panther Blade, and it sounds phenomenal.

Six piece Mapex Horizon kit. Sabian B8X cymbals. Vater Drumsticks.