Thread: Delays with the Ship-Date

User Info Menu

Default Delays with the Ship-Date

I ordered a Gretsch USA 4169B USA snare drum (photo below) on June 15th..................I was told the ship-date would be July 12th.
    Yesterday I received the 12th update (delay) in the ship-date, which, if you can believe them, is now scheduled for October 11th.
    Some of the delays would be only 3 or 4 days.................then the next time you check, they add a month..............makes no sense.
    I assume they are having difficulty with the manufacturer-delivery of a certain part.................just my guess.

I don't mind waiting for the right snare drum but why 12 changes in the ship-date.................can't we set a date and deliver ?
    I thought DW was supposed to make this process a better machine.

G4169B[1].jpg
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Default Re: Delays with the Ship-Date

Three month wait? I waited 6 months for my USA Customs. Sounds like a typical Gretsch timeframe.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Three month wait? I waited 6 months for my USA Customs. Sounds like a typical Gretsch timeframe.
    June to October is four months, but who's counting. In 1977, I waited 5 months for my USA shells..................I was told that is normal and I still believe that.
    But this is a metal snare drum................I suggest a seasoned pro could assemble this thing in one or two hours.
    That's why I'm thinking it has to be a parts problem.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    June to October is four months, but who's counting. In 1977, I waited 5 months for my USA shells..................I was told that is normal and I still believe that.
    But this is a metal snare drum................I suggest a seasoned pro could assemble this thing in one or two hours.
    That's why I'm thinking it has to be a parts problem.
    I counted from July since that was your first ship date but yeah who's counting right? (cough*you are*cough)

I know exactly why your wait is longer than expected and it's not due to parts; it's due to "The One" ad campaign.

Are you up on it?

It's Gretsch's way of reaching out to all of their endorsees for their one and only choice of snares. They gave yours away to Steve Ferrone (Tom Petty). He's the one second to the left (red circle) caressing the snare you ordered 3-4 months ago...

Pics or it didn't happen?...(caught in the act)

Last edited by late8; 09-07-2017 at 03:26 PM.

User Info Menu

One shouldn't stroke another mans snare without permission first lol
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    One shouldn't stroke another mans snare without permission first lol
    Hahaha! well played!

User Info Menu

UPDATE:

Monday I received the 16th ship-date delay notice...................this time an additional 5 week delay until Thanksgiving week.
    Then the very next day, I get a note from Gretsch informing me that the drum has been assembled and UPS has it on the way.

Sure enough, last night I get the UPS shipment notice that the drum is expected to be on my porch by Thursday, end of day.
    Oh, darn.......................I just happen to have a big gig on Friday evening.
    After all the delay, I hope they shipped the right drum !
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Ricardo View Post
    UPDATE:

Monday I received the 16th ship-date delay notice...................this time an additional 5 week delay until Thanksgiving week.
    Then the very next day, I get a note from Gretsch informing me that the drum has been assembled and UPS has it on the way.

Sure enough, last night I get the UPS shipment notice that the drum is expected to be on my porch by Thursday, end of day.
    Oh, darn.......................I just happen to have a big gig on Friday evening.
    After all the delay, I hope they shipped the right drum !
    Holy smokes! What a long wait! I was just thinking about this thread. Pics when you get a chance? Thanks!!

User Info Menu

Man I just don't have the patience some of you have. If I pay big money and I'm given a date then I expect it around that time frame. I don't like the fact that companies are quick to take your money but after that they feel like they can do whatever they want. But thats just me.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vlopez1130 View Post
    Man I just don't have the patience some of you have. If I pay big money and I'm given a date then I expect it around that time frame. I don't like the fact that companies are quick to take your money but after that they feel like they can do whatever they want. But thats just me.
    In all fairness and transparency, the vendor did not charge my account until the drum was shipped. In addition, I had many opportunities to change my mind and get out of the deal.................the vendor even suggested similar shells from other drum-makers for discount prices.
    I even looked at buying a bronze shell, lugs and everything else and building the snare myself.
    I finally decided that this is the snare drum I want and I'll just have to wait it out.
    In addition, I ordered it because at the time I got about $100 off the usual price.....................still the wait was not easy because of the confusion.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian

User Info Menu

Well if you were not charged ahead of time I can deal with that. If ordered some things where I was charged and had a delivery date that was delayed by a couple of months. I won't be doing that again. It is a beautiful snare by the way.
    Mapex Saturn flat black maple burl. 2 up 2 down. Mapex black panther black widow snare,Ludwig Acrolite,Ludwig Supraphonic,Tama SLP power maple.