Thread: Thank You, By "The Groove Objective"

User Info Menu

Default Thank You, By "The Groove Objective"

With The Groove Objective playing Thank You at St James Gate in Belmont Ca.
    Feel free to give me some criticism on my drumming. Im open to it, and have thick skin.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thank You, By "The Groove Objective"

Sounded good to me, and the drumming was fine.

User Info Menu

Thanks Rickthedrummer! I was thinking of downloading liveBPM app and checking my tempo. I think its ok though.
    But that sounds like a pretty cool app for gigs.

User Info Menu

You don't need a metronome, your timing was just fine. I have never used 1, not during a gig or in a studio.

2 things to keep in mind: If a given song was 100 BPM and you finish up at 103, trust me, nobody will notice.

2nd) I've probably played about 10,000 gigs since 1961, and I've never seen anybody bring a 'nome in to time the band.

Listen to the music as it will always tell you what to do

Keep the customer satisfied

That's your (and the band's) job. Past that, don't sweat the small............................................. ..............................poop.

User Info Menu

Yes, I would never bring one to a gig either. Livebpm is not a metronome, it actually tracks your bpms while you play. So at the end you can look back and see your chart. Or you can put it next to a video, such as the one I posted and it will track the bpms. Sounds pretty cool to me.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by monster drummer View Post
    Yes, I would never bring one to a gig either. Livebpm is not a metronome, it actually tracks your bpms while you play. So at the end you can look back and see your chart. Or you can put it next to a video, such as the one I posted and it will track the bpms. Sounds pretty cool to me.
    I sawa guy playing one time and he had a small digital device sitting on his snare drum and it counted the BPM while he was playing. Instant feedback. I had just started learning drums and did not ask much more about it but sounds pretty cool. Great playing by the way, nice pocket.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Nice groove. Good pocket. You don't need no steeeenkeeeng metronome.

User Info Menu

Sounds great man! Nice groove ...

I'm wondering though, why is there a cymbal bag leaning against the front of your kick?

User Info Menu

It just turned out to be a better sound sence we were miking the kick. There was way to much sustain without it.