Thread: Interesting article

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

User Info Menu

Default Interesting article

It's ironic that I ran across this because I recently had a conversation with another drummer who admits to not being able to keep a beat without a click track in his ear.

He told me a story of him playing a church service and the click went out, then he completely froze up and dropped the beat. I told him as a drummer I'd be embarrassed of that happened to me, and if I were him I'd begin practicing without a click so he can learn to keep a beat without it.

Needless to say he told me you cant get gigs without playing with a click. He was baffled when I proved to him that I play more gigs than he does, and I don't use one.

Anyways, check out the article.

http://www.blabbermouth.net/news/dav...on-technology/
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Interesting article

IMHO, if you can't keep the meter without some sort of help......go find another instrument to play. Also, nothing is perfect. If it were, it wouldn't be human generated.

User Info Menu

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    That

User Info Menu

In college I was a member of our percussion ensemble (which was a lot of fun, BTW)...................our instructor/conductor was a percussion professor that often told us:

"You are the metronome -- you are the meter....................if you can't do that, switch to woodwinds so you can get covered up in the orchestra."
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by inthpktplayer View Post
    IMHO, if you can't keep the meter without some sort of help......go find another instrument to play. Also, nothing is perfect. If it were, it wouldn't be human generated.
    Amen to that. Metronomes and click tracks should be practice tools, not performance crutches.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    Amen to that. Metronomes and click tracks should be practice tools, not performance crutches.
    Unfortunately I know of a lot of drummers who do just that. They have to have that crutch or they cant perform.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals