Thread: Couldn't leave without it

User Info Menu

Default Couldn't leave without it

Guitar Center find for $180. Couldnt leave without it.

0923171618c.jpg

0923171619.jpg
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: Couldn't leave without it

Man I look all the time for a used Black Panther and never find a deal. I will keep looking nice snare!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by vlopez1130 View Post
    Man I look all the time for a used Black Panther and never find a deal. I will keep looking nice snare!
    They actually had a couple more on the rack. I also know a guy in North Carolina who has one for $225. I can inbox you his info if youre interested.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Beauty!
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Couple more photos I couldnt get to upload from my phone

User Info Menu

I got it home, got the snares tightened and the heads tuned to my liking. This thing sounds phenomenal.

User Info Menu

Bargain

User Info Menu

My GC has one also beautiful snare. A guy wanted to buy it the other day, but the person that was supposed to be in the drum department wasn't there. After a 25 minute wait and counting he put it back on the shelf and walked out.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Goro View Post
    My GC has one also beautiful snare. A guy wanted to buy it the other day, but the person that was supposed to be in the drum department wasn't there. After a 25 minute wait and counting he put it back on the shelf and walked out.
    I've seen this happen way too many times in my local GC which is one of the reasons I don't hardly go there. Once I walked into the drum department, asked the guy behind the counter for something, and he told me that he didn't really work there, that he was just hanging out and that he get someone to help me if I needed it. I kindly said no thanks and walked out.

It's funny because customers seem to have no problem getting someone to help them in the guitar section ...

User Info Menu

I guess it depends on what store you go into. I haven't had any issues with the one in Little Rock.

I will say this, Kenny Wayne Shepherd has a feature on his Facebook/Youtube pages where he walks into local GC's when he is on tour and grabs a guitar then plays one of his songs. So far NO ONE at a single GC has recognized who he is. Meanwhile I am like "How do you work at GC and not know who KWS is?"

User Info Menu

Yes, I agree that some stores are better than others ... nice drum btw!

User Info Menu

Thank you, sir.

User Info Menu

I got it put on the kit after tuning and it sounda phenomenal to me.(Best if heard through ear buds)

Side by side comparison of my stock snare vs the Black Panther

Last edited by DrumWhipper; 09-24-2017 at 09:34 PM.

User Info Menu

Those are nice snares.
    A Mapex drum with no Mape......................pull.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

now that's a steal of a deal!

User Info Menu

Great sounding snare! Thanks for sharing!