Thread: DW Collectors Kit

User Info Menu

Default DW Collectors Kit

I am considering trading my dw collectors for something comparable or a less valuable kit with some cash on your part but with different sizes. My DW is a green glass 24 x 16 BD, 13 x 9 rack tom, and a 16 x 16 FT. I am selling the 3 pc on cl for $1600 and will throw in a pork pie BOB snare drum for another $150. This kit sounds huge but I cannot get used to practicing with a 24" BD and then playing out a 22" and for the life of me I just cannot get comfortable with a rack tom hanging off a cymbal or snare stand. it is just not for me and I would rather not have a hole drilled into this bass drum.

I also have a brandy new (paid $575) Matching collectors snare that I absolutely love and really would rather not part with but if the right deal came along I would consider it.

I am looking for a 22" bd and prefer a 16" deep but will consider an 18" but not interested in anything deeper than that. I would also prefer a bass drum mounted rack mount (non-virgin). I am open to all tom sizes and configuarations.

I guess a trade would involve you paying for your shipping and me paying for mine or we can discuss variations depending on what your kit is worth vs mine.

I will also consider selling it but would need to add probably atleast $150 for shipping. Additional pics are under the DW thread.

DW.jpg
    DW1.jpg
    DW2.jpg
    DW Collectors

Sonor Essential Force Birch

Zildjian K Cymbals

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Collectors Kit

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    I am considering trading my dw collectors for something comparable or a less valuable kit with some cash on your part but with different sizes. My DW is a green glass 24 x 16 BD, 13 x 9 rack tom, and a 16 x 16 FT. I am selling the 3 pc on cl for $1600 and will throw in a pork pie BOB snare drum for another $150. This kit sounds huge but I cannot get used to practicing with a 24" BD and then playing out a 22" and for the life of me I just cannot get comfortable with a rack tom hanging off a cymbal or snare stand. it is just not for me and I would rather not have a hole drilled into this bass drum.

I also have a brandy new (paid $575) Matching collectors snare that I absolutely love and really would rather not part with but if the right deal came along I would consider it.

I am looking for a 22" bd and prefer a 16" deep but will consider an 18" but not interested in anything deeper than that. I would also prefer a bass drum mounted rack mount (non-virgin). I am open to all tom sizes and configuarations.

I guess a trade would involve you paying for your shipping and me paying for mine or we can discuss variations depending on what your kit is worth vs mine.

I will also consider selling it but would need to add probably atleast $150 for shipping. Additional pics are under the DW thread.

DW.jpg
    DW1.jpg
    DW2.jpg
    Hey MDK! I don't blame you for wanting to trade or sell that sweet kit due to the 24" kick. I had a tough time getting used to the Pork Pie 24" kick on the Little Squealer. It's baffling how a mere 2 inches can make or break comfortable ergonomics. I sold the PP and a week later found it on my local CL. I guess the guy didn't care for the 24" kick either but he said at the time of purchase he always wanted one. Good luck on the sale!

User Info Menu

Default Re: DW Collectors Kit

Thanks, Yeah I just decided I want consistency in my set ups more than anything else. If I could trade it for another collectors in the sizes and set up I want I would be all over it.
    DW Collectors

Sonor Essential Force Birch

Zildjian K Cymbals

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing.

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

https://www.facebook.com/marcydriveband/ This is my band, please give a like.