Thread: So mad at local radio station!!

User Info Menu

Angry So mad at local radio station!!

So back on June 27th I was caller 10 and won 2 tickets to go see Foo Fighters on November 7th when they come by me!
    I was so excited I posted it up on my Facebook and the works. . . stating this station and at this time etc. .

Well I haven't heard anything yet from the station about when I can pick up the tickets and etc. So I wrote them this morning and said hey I won tickets as caller 10 and the concert is in less then a month away... could I get the info on ticket pickup etc?!

I get an email back stating they have no records of my win!!!!????
    They proceeded to ask if I had called a different radio station by mistake?!

So I go and screen shot my FB post from back in June and I go and get my Verizon phone bill that states I called their number 3 times on that day.
    I'm now waiting to hear back from them but I am super livid right now!!!!!!

User Info Menu

Default Re: So mad at local radio station!!

That sucks, inside you probably felt like it was to good to be true, hopefully they will accommodate you when you back them into a corner. Good Luck

User Info Menu

Oh man that stinks! Hopefully they do the right thing and get you the tickets. If not, maybe hit up a local tv station with the story to see if they can run a short segment on the news to put some heat on the station management.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

All radio and TV stations record an "air check" 24/7/365. The air check is a temporary audio file, in this case, used as proof the station is in compliance with FCC (Federal Communications Commission) rules during their broadcast day.

If you don't get this dispute resolved, ask them to find the exact time you called according to your phone records on the air check.

If radio station gives you the run-around and claim that they recorded over the daily air check, request a copy of their commercial run log for the period of time you called. If you get this far up the management "chain" with these questions, there's a chance that they will realize you are more than the average radio listener and the likelihood of a positive outcome for you run high.

Good luck and please update us on the results.
    Last edited by late8; 10-31-2017 at 12:28 PM.

User Info Menu

They probably took your tickets to go instead
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

So a woman at the station had been responding regularly to my emails as we try to figure this out..
    After I sent my phone bill showing call log and FB screen shot I have no heard back in 2 days!
    Yesterday I wrote her just asking for an update and so far no response. . .

Time to get social media involved shortly and see how they like the negativity

User Info Menu

Our radio stations here always place the winner on hold, then take their name, phone number, etc to have for the front desk.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by DrumWhipper View Post
    Our radio stations here always place the winner on hold, then take their name, phone number, etc to have for the front desk.
    And that is what they did lol They got my email, phone, name and all.

So big thank you to Late8. I wrote the lady back after 3 days of no responses... I told her my Verizon phone bill shows a 3 minute conversation. Attached is a copy of my phone bill. I want to hear the saved conversation from the radio station. I said I know you are required by the FCC to keep these conversations so I would like to hear it.

Next thing I know I get an email response that read in a snotty tone stating they have 4 winners logged and all 4 are claimed. But they have a spare set of tickets they are going to for a one time deal only give me.

So I'm still getting my tickets now! Once I physically pick them up I plan on going to social media to tell my story.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    And that is what they did lol They got my email, phone, name and all.

So big thank you to Late8. I wrote the lady back after 3 days of no responses... I told her my Verizon phone bill shows a 3 minute conversation. Attached is a copy of my phone bill. I want to hear the saved conversation from the radio station. I said I know you are required by the FCC to keep these conversations so I would like to hear it.

Next thing I know I get an email response that read in a snotty tone stating they have 4 winners logged and all 4 are claimed. But they have a spare set of tickets they are going to for a one time deal only give me.

So I'm still getting my tickets now! Once I physically pick them up I plan on going to social media to tell my story.
    You're welcome!! Hurrah for you Spaz! Way to go man!! I'm glad you stuck to your guns. This show will have an extra special meaning when you finally get your tickets.

User Info Menu

how was the concert?
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    how was the concert?
    Concert is on the 7th! Can't wait!!

User Info Menu

Concert is on the 7th! Can't wait!!
    So how was it???

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    So how was it???
    My honest opinion.... Kind of disappointing to be honest.
    It started off awesome! They play 8 or 9 of their top songs and came out strong!!
    Then they started going into jam band playing and I got bored and lost interest.
    It's not that they weren't good musicians but I wasn't there to watch them "jam"
    They did play most all of the songs I wanted to hear so I'm glad for that.

User Info Menu

My honest opinion.... Kind of disappointing to be honest.
    It started off awesome! They play 8 or 9 of their top songs and came out strong!!
    Then they started going into jam band playing and I got bored and lost interest.
    It's not that they weren't good musicians but I wasn't there to watch them "jam"
    They did play most all of the songs I wanted to hear so I'm glad for that.
    Thanks for the honest review Spaz. I watched a Net Flicks documentary on the FF called "Back and Forth". I'm a fan of their "old stuff" but the newer material does sound like a 'jam'.

User Info Menu

Good thinking, Rich! And good work, Spaz! Too bad it wasn't up to your expectations. Rich brought up a documentary...I watched one a while back called Sound City I think, about a sound board that Dave Grohl bought. It was great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by marko138 View Post
    Good thinking, Rich! And good work, Spaz! Too bad it wasn't up to your expectations. Rich brought up a documentary...I watched one a while back called Sound City I think, about a sound board that Dave Grohl bought. It was great.
    Hey there Mark! Welcome back man...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Hey there Mark! Welcome back man...
    Hey Rich! I duck in and out from time to time.