Thread: Halloween gigs, 2017

User Info Menu

Default Halloween gigs, 2017

Anyone playing halloween gigs this year? If so what are ya wearing? Post pics of your gig afterwards here. I decided to just go with a roman style toga just to stay cool. My gig is tomorrow night and we added 2 halloween style songs that everyone does. Spooky and Monster mash (in the misfits style) I am looking forward to it Woo hoo
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Halloween gigs, 2017

I was supposed to have one tomorrow night, but the band broke up before I could even plan my costume. Too bad, Halloween is kind of a big deal in Madison.
    Mmm... Saturns.

User Info Menu

I wish I was playing.... had a lot of fun at Halloween the last couple of years.
    But I'm enjoying the time off and away from the bands.

Can't wait to see the photos!

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by weezy View Post
    I was supposed to have one tomorrow night, but the band broke up before I could even plan my costume. Too bad, Halloween is kind of a big deal in Madison.
    I spent a Halloween on State St. in Madison one year. It was nuts - they grease all the light poles so no one can climb them. For anyone that's been in a crowded college bar that's literally shoulder-to-shoulder packed where you feel like you could pick both feet up off the floor and you still wouldn't fall down - that's the way a few blocks of State St. in Madison are on Halloween night.

User Info Menu

Unfortunately, we don't have anything booked this year. I loved playing Halloween last time. I distinctly remember watching two gals dressed as "naughty nurse" and "cat-woman" dancing and shooting pool. Giggidy, Giggidy...
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

WOW what a time we had Friday night...Place was packed and we played pretty well. We got asked for business cards a few times and got asked back this Friday due to a last minute cancellation of the band that was booked for it. My Sonor essential force sounded friggin fantastic and my Maple DW collectors snare was the frosting on top..

IMG_0309.jpg

IMG_0326.jpg

IMG_0347.jpg

IMG_0336.JPG
    Last edited by MDK; 10-30-2017 at 09:19 AM.
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

uggghhhh why is it so difficult to post pics? they are straight on computer but when I attach them here most are sideways??
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    uggghhhh why is it so difficult to post pics? they are straight on computer but when I attach them here most are sideways??
    Adjust them on your computer first. You can do it right in the folder or use the Paint program. That's what I do. Or you can use any free online editor like Imgr.

User Info Menu

I avoided Halloween parties literally all my playing life. Same for New Years Eve until the money became too much to say no to, but I didn't like playing NYE.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by drummer View Post
    Adjust them on your computer first. You can do it right in the folder or use the Paint program. That's what I do. Or you can use any free online editor like Imgr.
    They are straight on my computer?
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by MDK View Post
    They are straight on my computer?
    Hmmm, then I don't know what to tell you. Is anyone else having this issue?

User Info Menu

The sideways pic happens to me from time to time. Never could figure out why.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Our lead guitar player (on right in 1st pic) had a crappy day at work and barely made it to the gig on time so had no time for costume. Someone came up to him on break and asked how come he was the only member of band w/o costume on and he said I do I am a F^&^%g Serial Killer...LOL
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    I spent a Halloween on State St. in Madison one year. It was nuts - they grease all the light poles so no one can climb them. For anyone that's been in a crowded college bar that's literally shoulder-to-shoulder packed where you feel like you could pick both feet up off the floor and you still wouldn't fall down - that's the way a few blocks of State St. in Madison are on Halloween night.
    Sounds about right. I liked it better before the barricades went up and they started charging people to get onto State Street, but then the out of towners started showing up to riot every year and something had to give
    Mmm... Saturns.