Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Thoughts

User Info Menu

Default Thoughts

211094_8D9B7D96.jpg

I'm thinking of something along these lines (of course it would be white on black). Thoughts anyone???

The times below are for a stock GT. I have the Roush tune which adds 50-55HP, I don't need it to be any faster.

GT Premium 2dr Fastback,435 hp
    4.3 sec 0-60
    12.9 @ 112 mph 1/4 Mile

User Info Menu

Default Re: Thoughts

I like it! I really like the way it works on that hood with the forced air intakes. Go for it.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Sweet...but I like black on white...

User Info Menu

I like it

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Sweet...but I like black on white...
    My Mustang's black, so there isn't too much I can do about that.

User Info Menu

White on black wouldn't work for me - red, orange, yellow (or any loud colour) would work on a sports model.

Can you contact the place that did the customisation to see if they can show you a 'virtual' display on their own computer - many places that do custom paintwork or vinyl wraps have the software to do this, sometimes its better to 'see' what the end result is likely to be rather than visualise it.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by crispycritters View Post
    White on black wouldn't work for me - red, orange, yellow (or any loud colour) would work on a sports model.

Can you contact the place that did the customisation to see if they can show you a 'virtual' display on their own computer - many places that do custom paintwork or vinyl wraps have the software to do this, sometimes its better to 'see' what the end result is likely to be rather than visualise it.
    I've gone through a lot of pic's of Mustangs with all color stripes. Some down the side, some like the 1 in the picture in my post, and everything in between. I keep in mind the fact that I want the car to look a little bit different without going over the top.

Ford is coming out with a Shelby GT 500 in 2019. I will definitely look at it, so I have to consider what trading my GT in will be in terms of $$$$$, because the Shelby GT 500 isn't going to be cheap. So the last thing I need is for my GT to look too wild when (and if) I decide to trade it in and buy the Shelby. Time will tell, it always does.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 12-18-2017 at 01:19 AM.

User Info Menu

I vote for flat/satin black stripes...since your car is black. With or without red accent stripe(s), single or double. Either one.
    IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    Just something about the black-on-black that makes it look sinister. Personally, I prefer the single stripe, as the old double LeMans stripe is becoming dated.
    If you Google black '17 Mustang with stripes, you get all kinds of ideas.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

that just screams hell yeah

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    My Mustang's black, so there isn't too much I can do about that.
    Yeah I know but for me, every time I see a black performance car with white racing stripes, it reminds me of this l'il guy:

skunk-custom.jpg

white_on_black_mustang_stripe_racing_vinyl_kit_stang_345x345@2x.jpg

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I vote for flat/satin black stripes...since your car is black. With or without red accent stripe(s), single or double. Either one.
    IMG_0269.jpg
    IMG_0267.jpg
    Just something about the black-on-black that makes it look sinister. Personally, I prefer the single stripe, as the old double LeMans stripe is becoming dated.
    If you Google black '17 Mustang with stripes, you get all kinds of ideas.
    Brian, I have thought about that black on black.

Yeah I know but for me, every time I see a black performance car with white racing stripes, it reminds me of this l'il guy:

skunk-custom.jpg

white_on_black_mustang_stripe_racing_vinyl_kit_stang_345x345@2x.jpg
    Rich, the trick is to not be behind it. I do think I could pass it up.

User Info Menu

I know this one is a Shelby Cobra (not a fan of the hood scoops) but I like the toned down gray stripes without the pinstripes outline on the edge of the stripe:

5ce14566af319fdf03ff4ac81fb93ed5.jpg

User Info Menu

WOW that black on black with red pinstripes is badass
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

I know this one is a Shelby Cobra (not a fan of the hood scoops) but I like the toned down gray stripes without the pinstripes outline on the edge of the stripe:

Rich, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but that's a heat extractor not a scoop.

User Info Menu

I could be wrong, but I think that's actually flat satin black stripes. Regardless, that's the look I like as well.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Rich, I'm not trying to be a smarta$$ but that's a heat extractor not a scoop.
    Oh got it!

User Info Menu

If you have to own one of these......black on black would be the way to go.

User Info Menu

Wow! I really like this one!

User Info Menu

zebra stripe it and be done with it.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    zebra stripe it and be done with it.
    I don't know there slinky. There is a really good chance that the troopers might spot it..............................................fr om 10 miles off.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 11-11-2017 at 11:31 PM.

User Info Menu

lol depends if your drive it fast on a safari they wouldn't
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I don't know there slinky. There is a really good chance that the troopers might spot it..............................................fr om 10 miles off.
    Or, they may mistake you for Ted Nugent and his Bronco. That could be a good thing.
    IMG_0275.JPG
    Last edited by N2Bluz; 11-11-2017 at 08:38 PM.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by slinky View Post
    lol depends if your drive it fast on a safari they wouldn't
    What do I tell them that I'm hunting for...........................................blon des.

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Or, they may mistake you for Ted Nugent and his Bronco. That could be a good thing.
    IMG_0275.JPG
    Maybe, maybe not. It would depend on just how crazy he is on any given day.
    Last edited by rickthedrummer; 12-18-2017 at 01:21 AM.

User Info Menu

Rick we took a California Redwood forest/beach trip last week to visit my mom. I had rented a sedan type car on line for 1 week but when we arrived late he gave us a 2017 Mustang for the same price. It was a pretty nice car. Electronically it was loaded with every single bell n whistle you can think of I'm surprised it didn't talk to us too. Engine wise it didn't seem too powerful but did get it up to 100 mph a couple of times. Don't know what was under the hood.. didn't look. It's a fun car... fun with the top down too.

20171203_162537.jpg

thumbnail.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by slinky; 12-05-2017 at 12:09 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Guessing that would be the V6. Plenty of power, but not much torque. Especially in a heavy convertible.
    -Brian