Thread: Stagg DH Exo

User Info Menu

Default Stagg DH Exo

Needed 2 crashes for my practice kit so after reading reviews and not wanting to spend a lot of cash I bought 2 stagg DH exo medium thin crashes. 16" and a 14" but the 14 is on back order. I received the 16" today and wow I am very pleasantly surprised. Cost of the 16" was $83 but I had a coupon and paid under $80. WOW this thing looks really great and is really bright with a nice medium sustain and quick decay. I really love it so far, in fact I would have no problems gigging with it. It is much better than the zildjian "S" crash I tried last week and returned. I will keep you updated when I receive the 14" and how well hey hold up. If your in the market for a good looking crash that sounds really really good than I would recommend you look at a stagg dh.. I doubt they will stay this cheap for long. I will make a video soon and share it
    stagg.jpg

stagg1.jpg

Nothing to do with the post but
    snozberries.jpg
    Last edited by MDK; 11-13-2017 at 08:47 PM.
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Default Re: Stagg DH Exo

Their DH line was designed by one of the guys from Sabian.
    You basically got an HH at a very cheap price.
    I've played them before and they are great sounding cymbals at any price point.
    FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes FibesFibesFibesFibesFibesFibes

User Info Menu

interesting haven't seen much on them.
    In for sound clips

User Info Menu

Thanks for the quick review of the 16" crash. I've never tried Stagg cymbals but look forward to your thoughts on the 14" crash when it arrives. The unfinished and unlathed bell reminds me of the Sabian HHX line.

User Info Menu

I've eyeballed the Stagg DH stuff several times. Especially the hats. I'm not surprised they sound good. The market for Asian made B20 hammered cymbals has really growing as of the last couple years.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham