Thread: Cyber Monday who bought what?!

User Info Menu

Default Cyber Monday who bought what?!

Who took advantage of the cyber deals?!?!
    What did you get~!

User Info Menu

Default Re: Cyber Monday who bought what?!

Not me nothing.

User Info Menu

Zero for me.

User Info Menu

Nothing here either, I was very close to getting a Meinl 20" Benny Greb sand ride I been oogling for some time now but decided to hold off......for now : )
    Ludwig Classic Maple 22x16,10x8,12x9,16x16
    7" Moon Gel Practice Pad
    Sabian HHX Legacy

Decide whether this is love for the craft or simply an ego thing

http://www.redskymary.com/ NOT MY BAND, JUST A GREAT LOCAL BAND WHO SHOULD BE SOOO MUCH BIGGER IMO

User Info Menu

Ditto.... nothing for me neither. Cyber Monday did nothing for me, Musicians Friend had the "stupid deal of the hour" every time I checked it was guitar related. I don't play guitar.

User Info Menu

Nothing for me.

User Info Menu

I will show pics later. Picked up a Paiste Master 19" Dark crash.
    Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd

User Info Menu

Zippity doo dah!

all the best...

User Info Menu

Full set of Sabian XSR cymbals
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

I bought a guitar case for my Fender acoustic guitar. Been hauling it to gigs for several years now using only a cheap gig bag.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

"Technique doesn't mean **** if you can't blast beat and spin sticks - Steve Gadd"

I think Steve was yankin' someone's chain when and if he said that. Probably a touch of sarcasm on his part.

User Info Menu

Not a thing.

User Info Menu

Nada

User Info Menu

As a matter of fact...I seriously doubt I'll ever buy anything drum gear related again. I can actually say I have over and above what I'll ever need or use. Great drums, great cymbals.

However I do have a slight tingling for a Gibraltar flat base light weight hat stand. Nothing wrong with my Gretsch Tech-Ware hat stand but it's built like an oak tree and almost as heavy...LOL Now that I'm more of a tippy tapper than a pounder, it's just over kill.

all the best...
    Last edited by kay-gee; 12-11-2017 at 08:27 AM.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    As a matter of fact...I seriously doubt I'll ever buy anything drum gear related again. I can actually say I have over and above what I'll ever need or use. Great drums, great cymbals.

However I do have a slight tingling for a Gibraltar flat base light weight hat stand. Nothing wrong with my Gretsch Tech-Ware hat stand but it's built like an oak tree and almost as heavy...LOL Now than I'm more of a tippy tapper than a pounder, it's just over kill.

all the best...
    I Love my DW 6000 flat base lightweight hi-hat. It's not the "Ultralight" (6500UL) version....those have a plastic bracket at the bottom that the radius rods hook into. I found mine for $139 on sale.
    It's well made and very stable. Great feel. It's compact and lightweight, but not much lighter than a basic single braced stand. So far, it's held up great for gigs.
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

when someone says "cyber" i don't think sales

yes, i used the internet in the 90's

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    I Love my DW 6000 flat base lightweight hi-hat. It's not the "Ultralight" (6500UL) version....those have a plastic bracket at the bottom that the radius rods hook into. I found mine for $139 on sale.
    It's well made and very stable. Great feel. It's compact and lightweight, but not much lighter than a basic single braced stand. So far, it's held up great for gigs.
    yes, I was looking at that one as well. looks great, but I think I'd prefer not to have a chain because of salt and huge corrosion issues here. We have bicycle chains here that basically rusted and turned to powder. The Gibraltar claims to be direct drive with plastic parts for the linkage.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    yes, I was looking at that one as well. looks great, but I think I'd prefer not to have a chain because of salt and huge corrosion issues here. We have bicycle chains here that basically rusted and turned to powder. The Gibraltar claims to be direct drive with plastic parts for the linkage.

all the best...
    Now that's something I'd never consider if you hadn't said it. Must make it tough on everything. I guess even Paradise has its trade-offs.
    -Brian

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by N2Bluz View Post
    Now that's something I'd never consider if you hadn't said it. Must make it tough on everything. I guess even Paradise has its trade-offs.
    Yeah...Sure does!

all the best...