Thread: Simon Phillips house destroyed in fire

User Info Menu

Default Simon Phillips house destroyed in fire

I just was lucky enough to see Simon Phillips last night at the Iridium in NYC. Directly following the show he had learned that his house was destroyed in the fires in California. He has to cancel the remaining dates of his tour. Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Simon Phillips house destroyed in fire

Right here at Christmas, too. I feel terrible for anyone who has to go through anything like this.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Oh man that’s crazy. I can’t imagine losing everything.
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

My thoughts and prayers are with you Simon.

User Info Menu

That's just awful! Poor guy

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    That's just awful! Poor guy
    Growing up here all my life, I know all too well the danger and destruction of fires. There's a lot of multi-million dollar houses spread all over here and we really don't have seasons like most of you do back there. Our Winters are usually sunny and dry and high winds. The Rye fire started (one of many) just 20 mi. South from where I live and luckily the wind was blowing in opposite direction. . . .not so luckily for others. That's the price you pay when you live in certain areas around So. California. My thoughts and prayers are for all those people affected.

User Info Menu

Sad news.
    I love to watch Phillips play with that great touch and the open-handed creativity he has.
    He can mentally dial up great licks on demand at a very fast pace; on top of that, he enjoys it.
    I have a DVD of him playing in Europe with TOTO...................awesome drummer.
    Gretsch USA & Zildjian
    (What Else Would I Ever Need ?)

User Info Menu

I hate hearing (or reading) about things like this. Simon Phillips is a really nice guy and I can't imagine what seeing your house burnt to the ground is like.

At the same time, didn't people that live in those areas where they have droughts and fires almost every year, not want to have firebreaks because it would ruin the esthetics of the area. It seems that they would rather run the risk of fires every year.

User Info Menu

Oh man...so sad to read about this tragedy again after the Napa, Santa Rosa fires in Northern CA a few months ago. My thoughts go out to Simon's family and thousands of others who have lost everything!

User Info Menu

Heard about this. Just terrible.

User Info Menu

Awful news and situation these Natural type disasters seem to be a regular occurrence lately....bless all those effected