Thread: End of year/Beginning of new year plans

User Info Menu

Default End of year/Beginning of new year plans

How's things going with your band this time of the year? Do you have Christmas or New Years gigs? Are you guys practicing a lot?

Me? I play for two bands. One is practicing today. The other is on break until the new year. We have a person with medical issues and we are giving him time to recoup.

The Band I'm practicing with today has a big gig for Wounded Warriors after the new year. It's a great opportunity for us.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals

User Info Menu

Default Re: End of year/Beginning of new year plans

Generally we slow down this time of year. No Christmas or NYE parties. Pull back on the rehearsal schedule. We have a gig tonight and it's our last show until the end of January. This is time to spend with family and friends and for relaxing. That's the way we look at it anyway.

User Info Menu

"The Band I'm practicing with today has a big gig for Wounded Warriors after the new year"

Much respect for that. We did gigs for Vet organizations more than a few times. Wounded Warriors was founded in 2003, but we never had a chance to do anything with them.

Also did a couple for various 9/11 organizations. Cost us $ every time, but it was a honor to do them.

User Info Menu

nothing happening in our camp. No shows, no practice... nothing. Don't know what's going to happen in the future either. I've been thinking about finding something to do but not sure what I even want to do yet.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

We had a really good practice today. Working on a new original that is going to be awesome once we are done.
    Six Piece Mapex Saturn V, Five Piece DW Performance Series, NOS Slingerland Snares, Centent Ardor and Emperor Cymbals