Thread: Finished Floor tom to bass Drum Conversion

User Info Menu

Default Finished Floor tom to bass Drum Conversion

Last edited by SpazApproved; 12-13-2017 at 08:15 AM.

User Info Menu

Default Re: Finished Floor tom to bass Drum Conversion

hmmm... i don't see the video.... can someone help me out? What did I do wrong or can I not post a video in this section? if not, can a moderator move it to where it can be viewed?

User Info Menu

The link works.

Sounds great! It was a night & day difference when I put a 16" Emad on my FT conversion as well. I also put a 4" port hole in the dead center of the reso head, which seemed to help too.

People make fun of the 16" FT conversion, but your video is proof that they can hold their own. Especially in a jungle kit.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

Here ya go! ^^^^^
    -Brian

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham

User Info Menu

You're awesome! Thanks

I'm also planning on ordering a 4" port hole and I want to port it also!
    I think it will help also.

User Info Menu

Very cool project, sounded way better with the hoops and Emad!
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

Thanks for the video Spaz. That li'l drum sounds good. Did you not want to install the Trick bass drum riser you mentioned in a thread you posted recently? Thanks...

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...conversion-Kit

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by late8 View Post
    Thanks for the video Spaz. That li'l drum sounds good. Did you not want to install the Trick bass drum riser you mentioned in a thread you posted recently? Thanks...

http://www.drumchat.com/showthread.p...conversion-Kit
    So with just a standard tom rim, the Trick adaptor works great!
    Sat flush and very stable and heavy duty.

But with the bass drum hoop setup that I'm running now the trick didn't work at well as just the clamp on riser that came with the bass drum I bought. I do like that the Trick is a little taller which was nice, but the new one gets the beater pretty close to middle and is adjustable which is cool.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    So with just a standard tom rim, the Trick adaptor works great!
    Sat flush and very stable and heavy duty.

But with the bass drum hoop setup that I'm running now the trick didn't work at well as just the clamp on riser that came with the bass drum I bought. I do like that the Trick is a little taller which was nice, but the new one gets the beater pretty close to middle and is adjustable which is cool.
    Thanks. That makes total sense!

User Info Menu

Looks like I'm going to be posting up an updated video of some modifications I had to make.
    The bracket that came with sucks!
    So I'm making the trick bracket work instead.

User Info Menu

The Emad rules...nice vid.
    I was thinking of trying to make a similar to the Trick riser out of aluminum.

User Info Menu

Yeah I need to go back to the trick.. only problem is it is designed for a tom rim.
    If you put it on a bass drum hoop, the pedal is to far away and will never reach the drum head!
    So I had to buy some nuts and washers and place them on the tension rods to stabilize the trick riser back far enough.
    I'm still testing it but so far so good.

User Info Menu

Actually, the one thing I really like about my FT conversion is that it uses tom hoops. Using a riser and a direct drive pedal (like a Speed King) can create interference issues with the hoop and linkage. Plus, it's solid, light and more compact. The low-profile chrome hoop also looks good....at least I like it on my kit.
    -Brian