Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how much would you....

User Info Menu

Default how much would you....

be willing to shell out to see your favorite band or artist?

I really want to go to one of Judas Priest's shows in support of their new release Firepower.

Only thing is i want to be in front or within the first 5 rows but then you're talking about $500 to $1000! a ticket!. If i can get 2 seats for $500 within the first 5 then I'd get em.

I know.... let the flaming begin
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Default Re: how much would you....

If Rush went back on tour, I don’t care about the money. I’m getting front row seats! I would happily spend 1k for an unforgettable show. Most other bands that come, I just get tickets in the uppers that are under 100
    Quote Originally Posted by rickthedrummer View Post
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

I spent a pretty penny on the full Dream Theater Platinum package which was front row seats, VIP back stage meet and greets and signed photos, tshirt etc. Did it twice... never regretted the price tag either. (This was with Portnoy though, I'm not a huge Mangini fan.. he is good though)

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by SpazApproved View Post
    I spent a pretty penny on the full Dream Theater Platinum package which was front row seats, VIP back stage meet and greets and signed photos, tshirt etc. Did it twice... never regretted the price tag either.
    I would totally do that
    There is intelligent life out there. The problem is that there isn't any here.

-Mike

User Info Menu

Very good question slinky. I haven't been to a concert in years man. The last great concert I saw Rush's "Vapor Trails" tour back in 2002 and I forgot how we paid for tickets back then. I'll spend $100 a piece and settle for the "nose bleed" seats now days.

If the Judist Priest is your favorite band...go for it and enjoy!

User Info Menu

About $1.50 to see the Bangles. $2.00 for front row seats. $3.00 if they look like they did 25 years ago.

User Info Menu

When I was younger and had money, I'd shell coin for concerts. Now that I have a family, I just cant. My responsibility is elsewhere. I wanted to see the original KISS line-up in 2000 for their "retirement" (LOL) My money went to my daughter's day care and I have no regrets.
    She's 18 now and took me to Rush R40 for my birthday/father's day, so we're square now. Ha!
    Kevin
    DW Performance series - Gun Metal Metallic Lacquer
    24/12/16 6.5x14
    Sabian AA/AAX hi-hats & crashes
    Sabian HHX Evolution ride

Drummers can be very tempomental.....

User Info Menu

About $1.50 to see the Bangles. $2.00 for front row seats. $3.00 if they look like they did 25 years ago.
    LOL Rick.....You continuously crack me up!

10 bucks if I could meet Suzanna Hoffs in person and I'd offer to pay if she'd have a drink with me.

all the best...

User Info Menu

Concert prices have been out of control for quite some time now. It's even more insulting when these bands come out using a very recognizable name, yet only 1 maybe 2 or even in some cases none of the original members are still in the band. I haven't been to a show in a very long time for these reasons.

User Info Menu

The next Iron Maiden concert that comes to my town I am taking my son (it is our favorite band). I would pay $150-$200 per ticket just to see the experience through his eyes (I have seen Maiden around 6 times). It would be his first time seeing them.
    Gretsch USA Custom 22x18, 12x9, 13x10, 14x14, 16x16, 14x5.5 Rosewood Zildjian 14" New Beats, Zildjian 20" A Medium Ride, Sabian 18" Paragon Crash, Zildjian 16" Medium Thin Crash Tama Iron Cobra Single Pedal

Pearl Masters Studio Birch (MBX) 22x16, 10x10, 12x10, 13x11, 16x16, 14x6.5 in White Mist. Zildjian A Custom Hats, Sabian 22 AA with Rivets, Stagg 20" Ghengis Ride, Dream Contact Crashes 16" & 17" Pearl P2002B Double Bass Pedal

User Info Menu

wow this is cool... i thought i'd get bbq'ed for thinking of paying anything near $100 for a concert ticket...

I'm still just running the idea right now.. looking though
    Last edited by slinky; 01-13-2018 at 11:35 AM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by kay-gee View Post
    LOL Rick.....You continuously crack me up!

10 bucks if I could meet Suzanna Hoffs in person and I'd offer to pay if she'd have a drink with me.

all the best...
    I saw them a couple of times years ago. Front row seats were about $75.

They are all good looking ladies, but Ms Hoffs......WOW. They all had very short skirts on and I remember saying to my GF that if those skirts were a 1/2" shorter, the whole mystery that is woman, is history.

They put on a fun show, and they were pretty good musicians. What they did lack in technical skill, they more than made up for in showmanship.

User Info Menu

You're a lucky man Rick. I'm a fan.

I see a correlation between concert prices and music sales. In a this day and age no one buys music so live performance is the only way a band makes money.

Back in the good old days...The double album Made in Japan = $8

Ticket to see Deep Purple Live in Detroit Michigan = $12

all the best...

User Info Menu

I've been to 2 Priest shows Painkiller tour and Angel of Retribution tour but both times felt like i was 10 miles away... Rob can still tear it up vocally... the best vocalist metal has ever had imo..
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

I've decided to skip going to a Priest concert. I bought Firepower and I give it an 8 out of 10. There are about 3 songs on it that I really like and a couple more that are growing on me but it just doesn't have the Priest sound of old. The first song sounds like Iron Maiden. Glenn plays on it but of course K.K. doesn't since he's retired. Now Glenn has left the band and tour due to complications of Parkinson Disease. I totally understand that. Halford sounds good but this disc sounds just like his solo stuff. Like I said already it just doesn't have the classic Priest sound anymore.

I've seen them live 2 times already anyway and there's Firepower shows on YT already. IMO their best years were from 78 to 88.
    Last edited by slinky; 03-25-2018 at 07:07 PM.
    RDM/Damage Poets
    UFiP TAMAHA Zildjian
    REGAL TiP
    AQUARIAN

User Info Menu

A guy I was in a band with. His girlfriend was a professional hair stylist. Well she would do the hair stuff for the guys in Tesla and they actually went out on tour with them down here in the south. I would keep that money in my pocket as well. Both my kids are grown but I'd rather see local bands and hang out with them before and after a show for nothing maybe the price of a beer. And some of the guys I was tight with like Mike Scaccia of Rigor Mortis would later go on to join Ministry. So yeah I think we should spend that money supporting local acts if anything. Some of the greatest players might be playing down at the local VFW down the street, Heck John 5 is out there somewhere playing at a Clicks near you,He's done played Clicks here in Tyler Tx like 2 times already in the last year.Awesome guitarist
    Last edited by wired; 03-26-2018 at 12:49 AM.

User Info Menu

I remember paying 9-10.00 to see Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, GFR etc back in the 70's and these were not seats. In those days you stood in front of the stage behind a barrier. You could walk around and mingle with people which was great.

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by Pearl MCX Man View Post
    I remember paying 9-10.00 to see Alice Cooper, Black Sabbath, GFR etc back in the 70's and these were not seats. In those days you stood in front of the stage behind a barrier. You could walk around and mingle with people which was great.
    I don't know Gilles. I've been to a lot of concerts over a lot of years and haven't seen that many people in the crowd that I would want to mingle with.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I don't know Gilles. I've been to a lot of concerts over a lot of years and haven't seen that many people in the crowd that I would want to mingle with.
    Rick, I have met a lot of new people at concerts. Just by walking around and talking about the band etc.

scottyp is offline Senior Member (Respected Chatter)

User Info Menu

The best part about liking death metal is my favorite bands come play crappy venues in my city and I can see them for 10-20 bucks in the front row most of the time. hahaha... Sometimes I even get the opportunity to open for them and watch the drummers from the side of the stage.

I've paid in the 100 ish range for bands like Iron Maiden. I couldn't justify much more than that for almost any band.

User Info Menu

I I've been to a lot of concerts over a lot of years and haven't seen that many people in the crowd that I would want to mingle with.
    Sounds a lot like "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me"

User Info Menu

Slinky, if you truly want to see them and you can afford it ........then do it dude!
    Life is too short to not enjoy it along the way.

Buy the tickets man!!!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

hehehee....you are quite right my friend!!!
    Take care and seeya!

Jim

User Info Menu

Quote Originally Posted by G-man View Post
    Sounds a lot like "I wouldn't want to be a member of any club that would have me"
    You have it backwards. I wouldn't want to be a member of a club that would have you.

I deal with people I want to deal with. You wouldn't make the cut.
    YOU MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU KNOW.

YOU DON'T MESS WITH THE DEVIL YOU DON'T KNOW.

VAE VICTIS

ONCE YOU HIT A CERTAIN AGE, YOU BECOME PERMANENTLY UNIMPRESSED BY A LOT OF CRAP.

I HIT THAT AGE 20 YEARS AGO.

IF DOGS CAN'T GO TO HEAVEN, I WANT TO GO WHERE THEY GO

WILL ROGERS

User Info Menu

I’m not much of a fan for large venue concerts. I prefer to pay $10-$15 to see a great but lesser known touring band in a smaller venue like a local bar or nightclub.
    -Brian

"Too many crappy used drum stuff to list"

Play the SONG......not the DRUMS!!!

"I think that feeling is a lot more important than technique. It's all very well doing a triple paradiddle - but who's going to know you've done it? If you play technically you sound like everybody else. It's being original that counts." ~ John Bonham